Time for wet weather kit?

The Northern Monkey
The Northern Monkey Posts: 19,174
edited September 2010 in MTB general
Its weeeeeeeetttttt down here in Wales :lol:

I've ditched my SPD's becasue they were giving my knees problems and fitted my newly services Slim Jims with uber long pins for maximum grip/shin tearing!

But is it time for mud guards yet?! hmmmmmm.

I could really do with a jacket just in case but I don't have many pennies at the mo :(

Possibly Twrch trail this weekend, what the conditions like?!

Proper mountain biking weather now though... bring it on :D

Comments

• Forget the mudguards, invest in a good jacket.
    Northwind wrote: It's like I covered it in superglue and rode it through ebay.
  • Forget the mudguards, invest in a good jacket.

Already have mudguards lol.

Yea just started a thread about a jacket!!
  • Well if your rding Cwm you will rarely need mud tyres to be honest this trail drains fantasticly well.
  • joshtp
    joshtp Posts: 3,966
    so, you are down with us monkey's in wales then!!!

when its all finished and bedded in a few of you CwmCarn lot will have to come down and have a blast on the Trail up at Clyne.... the hodjpodj of mucy runns is being transformed into a masterpiece of flowy, jumpy, rowan sorrel-y red graded-y bliss.

10 mins ride from me door.

:D:D

went up there to other day... you cant ride it yet, but it looks just like Brechfa
    I like bikes and stuff
  • was not far from Clyne in Rheola on the weekend, that DH course is fooking steep and rediculously rooty while it was steep! lol
  • joshtp
    was not far from Clyne in Rheola on the weekend, that DH course is fooking steep and rediculously rooty while it was steep! lol
    well, scene as Clyne is on the other side of Swansea, you wernt exactly close either..... :wink:
    I like bikes and stuff
  • miss notax
    miss notax Posts: 2,572
    Rode last night - New Forest not Wales! - and it was very definitely wet (and foggy :shock: )! Bizarre riding conditions, I thought my glasses were steaming up but was actually just the weather! Could barely see anything!

Anyway, I agree with the jacket and no mudguards - a bit of mud is good for you :D
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away....

Riding a gorgeous ano orange Turner Burner!

Sponsor the CC2CC at http://www.justgiving.com/cc2cc
  • joshtp wrote:
    was not far from Clyne in Rheola on the weekend, that DH course is fooking steep and rediculously rooty while it was steep! lol
    well, scene as Clyne is on the other side of Swansea, you wernt exactly close either..... :wink:

arne't they both up the 465?
  • After riding the Trans Cambrian Way for three days the other week I can confirm that it is time for wet weather gear (in Wales at least)
  • joshtp
    joshtp wrote:

arne't they both up the 465?
    not really
    no
    not at all
    Clyne is sin swansea. By oystermouth, right by the bay. on the Gower side of Swansea, not far from Mumbles

Rehola is a gnarly DH race track in the Neath Valley
    I like bikes and stuff