NCR London Marathon

dugliss
dugliss Posts: 235
edited September 2010 in Commuting chat
Did anyone get an acceptance mag for the London Marathon? Just got my usual rejection again :(

Comments

• asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    Thye have to accept you after 5 rejections don't they? Or have they canned that rule now?
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • dugliss
    They`re still doing it for people that have got the last 3 years rejections but they`re stopping it for everyone else
  • bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    Asprilla wrote:
    Thye have to accept you after 5 rejections don't they? Or have they canned that rule now?

Think they changed that rule. Oh well, just do another marathon somewhere else. Paris, Berlin, Edinburgh? You'll probably be able to run the whole way as well, rather than shuffling along for the first 10 miles!
  • dugliss
    MatHammond wrote:
    Asprilla wrote:

Think they changed that rule. Oh well, just do another marathon somewhere else. Paris, Berlin, Edinburgh? You'll probably be able to run the whole way as well, rather than shuffling along for the first 10 miles!

I didn`t find it too bad the 2 times I did it tbh, but I am a bit of a sloth!! I`m doing Brighton marathon next year anyway so I don`t wanna be greedy :)
  • MatHammond wrote:
    rather than shuffling along for the first 10 miles!

I'm lucky and have always been in pen 2, no shuffling there!
  • mese13
    mese13 Posts: 38
    edited September 2010
    Unsuccessful - but I got a nice London Marathon magazine to make up for it

:cry:
  • bigmat
    I started towards the back I think. On the plus side, at least I wasn't spent for the second half.
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    Mrs itboffin has a place, oh how I laughed teehehe
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • I'm in. But at a mate's wedding. Wonder if I can get from London to Hull in time for a 3pm reception?
  • I'm in. But at a mate's wedding. Wonder if I can get from London to Hull in time for a 3pm reception?

If you can run sub 2hr and there's no traffic on the M1.....no problem.
  • bigmat
    I'm in. But at a mate's wedding. Wonder if I can get from London to Hull in time for a 3pm reception?

If you can run sub 2hr and there's no traffic on the M1.....no problem.

Use the hard shoulder, he won't mind if you're an hour late!
  • I'm in but I knew that as I've been rejected the last 5 years (and confirmed over the phone with them at the time of application - just so they made sure they had my records right!).

This all comes after getting in in 2004, after a second attempt! Did it then in 4h 34m but I did rather hit the wall and walked the last few miles. Aiming for <4 hrs this time.

Now the hard work starts... :shock:
    Specialized Allez Elite 2011 *NEW*
    Specialized Sirrus Elite 2011