Which Jacket?

The Northern Monkey
The Northern Monkey Posts: 19,174
edited September 2010 in MTB buying advice
I need to get a decent waterproof as I got a bit cold and wet on my last ride :(

I have around £60 set aside, could possible go to £70 if I need to.
I''m only really looking in Tredz, becasue i want to go and try stuff on. But I don't want to buy a Jacket thats pants even if it fits nice!

http://www.tredz.co.uk/productlist.aspx ... f4=Jackets

The Altura Night Vision seems good for the money, i've actually seen one but not tried it on as yet.... but does anyone own one?

Cheers,
Ben

Comments

• welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    i've got a berghaus one that i bought from blacks opposite the castle, i think that was £70, it's super waterproof and it's also cut longer at the back. i've never had any problems with it.

how you settling in down here mate? :D
  • Fair enough, yea def want something long cut at the back! preferably with long arms too!

yea tis good! had an epic fail of a day up at Cwm Carn last week.... I went riding after work and it started to get dark so I figured I'd get my light out.... only left it in the fapping car didnt I!

fitness has completely dropped too... go out of the car park up the 1st bit under the bridge and was shattered :lol:
  • welshkev
    Fair enough, yea def want something long cut at the back! preferably with long arms too!

yea tis good! had an epic fail of a day up at Cwm Carn last week.... I went riding after work and it started to get dark so I figured I'd get my light out.... only left it in the fapping car didnt I!

fitness has completely dropped too... go out of the car park up the 1st bit under the bridge and was shattered :lol:

i know, i always get to that bit and think 'how the feck am i gonna manage the rest of the climb?' but i always do....just :lol:
  • The climb is brutal!! I didn't actually get to do any of the descents either :(

Becasue I forgot my light I figured it'd be silly to try and do the rest so I came back down on the road :(

I need to get the net in my flat but I'd rather spend £20 a month on a new bke frame lol... plus my PS3 has packed in so I have no need for the net apart from being on here!
  • I bought an Altura Extreme Attack Jacket last year and it has been absolutely fantastic - its just spent 3 days in pouring rain in Wales and has performed faultlessly - thats constant wearing for 6-9 hours a day without getting wet or too hot, etc...

Its a quite a bit out of your budget on the Tredz website for the 2010 version, but the older version (the one I have) is available here for a slightly closer to your budget at £98

http://www.langsettcycles.co.uk/products.php?plid=m2b20s204p5948&rs=gb

May I suggest you go try the Altura jackets on at Tredz and then buy the Attack Extreme online :) Scandalous, i know!

EDIT: Realised they only have it in black though :(
  • welshkev
    The climb is brutal!! I didn't actually get to do any of the descents either :(

Becasue I forgot my light I figured it'd be silly to try and do the rest so I came back down on the road :(

I need to get the net in my flat but I'd rather spend £20 a month on a new bke frame lol... plus my PS3 has packed in so I have no need for the net apart from being on here!

DOH!!! all that pain :lol: you'll appreciate the descents even more next time though :D