My cup overfloweth with awesomeness.

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Oh my....
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    Must. Get. Into. Space.
  • yeah they change the angle every so often, sometimes show inside the space station... we're almost in the future now
  • sonny73
    sonny73 Posts: 2,203
    Your thread title craked me up :lol:
    That is awesome.
  • Crapaud
    Crapaud Posts: 2,483
    At last, a thread with awesome in it that isn't hyperbole!

That is truely awesome!!!

Cheers, Andy.
    A fanatic is one who can’t change his mind and won’t change the subject - Churchill
  • Crapaud
    For realtime data on the ISS go here. Then click on the 'Track the station' link in the 'See the Station in the Sky' panel (RHcolumn).
    A fanatic is one who can’t change his mind and won’t change the subject - Churchill
  • Crapaud
    Just been watching them dong 'something'. Possibly bringing the bins in.

They've now changed the view to a stunning one of the curvature of the Earth complete with a reflection of the sun on the Indian ocean.
  • Shut that door, anyone could just walk in :roll: How come you get a stunning view of the curvature of the Earth complete with a reflection of the sun on the Indian ocean and when I tune in I get a view of what is probably their smoking room? They have to have a smoking room because they cant pop out for a fag really can they?
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,213
    Am I missing the sarcasm here or do they genuinely show some good images as I'm getting the same as Stewie :oops: It's like an even worse version of live Big Brother!
  • I have seen the outside view and have seen folk floating around. I wish I was in space right now, just remembering how dull my job is :lol:
  • risi
    risi Posts: 231
    At the moment it says ISS D/L 1 LOS at the bottom of the image.
    LOS, in space talk, means Loss Of Signal, so I guess the webcam signal is not being received at the moment and you're just seeing a static image.
    Specialized Allez
    Trek 6500
  • risi wrote:
    At the moment it says ISS D/L 1 LOS at the bottom of the image.
    LOS, in space talk, means Loss Of Signal, so I guess the webcam signal is not being received at the moment and you're just seeing a static image.

Los is also what they said in Das Boot when they were trying to blow our ships up, are we under attack from the Russians who are pretending to be German?
  • Crapaud
    Pross wrote:
    Am I missing the sarcasm here or do they genuinely show some good images as I'm getting the same as Stewie :oops: It's like an even worse version of live Big Brother!
    There are some enuinely good images, Pross. The sun on the Indian ocean seems to have been a loss of signal. I was waiting for the ISS to cross over the Himalayas when it happened, and didn't realise it when I posted. :oops:
  • Apparently the parents of one of my friends at work are going as VIP guests to the launch of the last ever Space Shuttle in November. His Dad is friends with Alvin Drew, one of the astronauts. I'm not jealous at all.
  • ratsbeyfus
    ratsbeyfus Posts: 2,841
    It's looking a bit cloudy out there.

I had one of them red bikes but I don't any more. Sad face.

@ratsbey
  • Crapaud
    Dear diary ...
    Three new Expedition 25 crew members are preparing for their launch aboard the new Soyuz TMA-01M spacecraft. Flight Engineers Scott Kelly, Oleg Skripochka and Alexander Kaleri are in their crew quarters in Baikonur, Kazakhstan, training and exercising before their Oct. 7 launch. They are scheduled to dock to the International Space Station Oct. 9 returning the orbiting laboratory to six-member crew operations.
    That should be a good day to tune in.
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    Anyone else noticed that it's not a live stream ? None of the clouds have changed since I looked at this yesterday.
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • Crapaud,
    Whut ya dooin with tha wee free men on ya sig?
  • Crapaud
    Animal100 wrote:
    Crapaud,
    Whut ya dooin with tha wee free men on ya sig?
    I'm a big fan of Terry Prattchet's Discworld books. When I got fedup of my Kermit avatar they seemed like a good idea.