PAIN!!!

u05harrisb
u05harrisb Posts: 531
edited September 2010 in MTB general
ive been riding the same bike on the same ride every wednesday with the club and since its got cold and wet my knees have been in agony the following day! ive been fine in the warm so im guessing its not the bike cleats or saddle height

what can/should i be doing and what might be making this happen?

Comments

• VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    Do you ride with knee pads? maybe get yourself some knee warmers to use while out on the ride, hopefully that will stop the pain the next day? or Cod liver oil?
    Welcome to getting old.
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • What baggy shorts/lycra combo are you currently wearing? As an alternative to leg warmers, you could wear a pair of 3/4 length bib shorts underneath your baggies.
  • .blitz
    .blitz Posts: 6,197
    I read somewhere that the knees don't function properly in temperatures below 16°. Endura FS260 Pro knee warmers work for me. Just started wearing them again they feel great.
  • Cod liver oil is awesome stuff. You'd be surprised with the difference it makes.
  • well i just bought some cantabury leggings not water proof or wind proof they get wet easyly then ive got padded under shorts of the baggy kind then the baggies over them, do thoes knee warmers really work? sounds like a plan or mabye those support/compression knee things