Cube Fritzz 2010 rear travel + BB height

bennett_346
bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
edited September 2010 in MTB general
The specs say the rear shock is Fox Float RP23 BV 200mm, however the geometry list and the manufacturers description say 160mm. Which is the rear travel, and what does the other mean?

EDIT: I can't find the BB height, cube seem to have missed it off the geometry list. Anyone help? :)

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    the travel is 160mm the other is likely to be the shock size.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Thanks nick, i thought this may be the case once i saw the 160, 200mm seems loads for all mountain.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,162
    edited September 2010
    EDIT: I can't find the BB height, cube seem to have missed it off the geometry list. Anyone help? :)
    I don' know but if you fancy getting your calculator out and making a few assumptions about the tyrewall height, you suss it out from the other info. If you can work out how high the hub centre is off the ground, Cube give a measurement "I" which is height of the BB compared to the hub.

I'll leave you to figure it as I'm too lazy to do it meself :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo 666 wrote:
    I don' know but if you fancy getting your calculator out and making a few assumptions about the tyrewall height, you suss it out from the other info. If you can work out how high the hub centre is off the ground, Cube give a measurement "I" which is height of the BB compared to the hub.

I'll leave to to figure it as I'm too lazy to do it meself :)
    Approximate sidewall height ~50mm?

26 inch wheel diameter = 560mm, divide by two = 280mm, add 50 for the sidewall = 330mm, minus (I=5mm) = 325mm

Sound about right?
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,162

26 inch wheel diameter = 560mm, divide by two = 280mm, add 50 for the sidewall = 330mm, minus (I=5mm) = 325mm

Sound about right?
    The only thing I wasn't sure about was whether you add or subtract that last 5mm. The diagram looked like the BB was above the hub but the pic is so small it's hard to tell ! But your pretty close I reckon.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo 666 wrote:

Sound about right?
    The only thing I wasn't sure about was whether you add or subtract that last 5mm. The diagram looked like the BB was above the hub but the pic is so small it's hard to tell ! But your pretty close I reckon.
    Im pretty sure the BB is below the hubs, and at the end of the day its half a centimetre lol.

Thanks, i'd never of thought of using the measurement I that they give :)