BEWARE online scam

sprout1210
sprout1210 Posts: 5
edited September 2010 in Road beginners
Hi, BEWARE do not use CABIKS.COM online store.
I have been scammed £1,600 for a cube ams hpc r1 carbon bike. I have just read some old posts on here of an old site called bonvelo.net which is the same scam. Same bikes (cube), same bank details etc.

Not sure what I can do to get the site closed, any ideas????

Comments

• sprout1210 wrote:
    Hi, BEWARE do not use CABIKS.COM online store.
    I have been scammed £1,600 for a cube ams hpc r1 carbon bike. I have just read some old posts on here of an old site called bonvelo.net which is the same scam. Same bikes (cube), same bank details etc.

Not sure what I can do to get the site closed, any ideas????

how did you pay for your 'purchase'?
    'dont forget lads, one evertonian is worth twenty kopites'
  • Hi, it was a bank transfer which has gone through and can't be reversed.

I thought it was a bit of an odd way of paying, but had my head turned thinking i was getting a bargain !!!!!!!!!
  • danowat
    danowat Posts: 2,877
    Christ, a bank transfer is a very big warning sign that it is likely to be a scam.

Bottomline, always pay for anything online with a credit card.
  • Yeah, lesson learnt. Should have been more cautious I know. I guess I got caught up in thinking I was getting a right bargain.

The website was very convincing answering all types of questions etc.

Just wish I'd read earlier posts on here warning of same scam different name.
  • Hrun
    Hrun Posts: 116
    I got scammed on Ebid years ago with a bank transfer. Only for £30 but what I don't get is why my bank who knew I had sent the money and knew to which bank they had sent it to could not recall the money meaning the bank that must have taken ID from who ever opened the account would have to chase them. They weren't even interested in the theft merely stating it was as good as cash. WTF :(
    A biking runner :)
  • Scrumple
    Scrumple Posts: 2,665
    Contact us -

Indonesia!!

Were you mad?? did you not wonder why they were not based in a local high street?!

The website stinks!

Did you not suspect, or even think you were handing cash to an offshore website, with no exposure or web/advert presence?! That is a lot of cash not to make some checks...
  • Scrumple
    Scrumple Posts: 2,665

This domain name registered using Qwords.com Web Hosting Indonesia services.
    Qwords.com as a Domain registration Provider is not affiliated with any content in this
    website -or- domain name

For Abuse & DMCA Report, please notify us at abuse@qwords.com

or Send FAX to +62 22 2530022
    Qwords.com has right to disable or suspend this domain name for Abuse -and-or- DMCA complaint.

Please visit our website at http://www.Qwords.com to register a domain name or Buy Web Hosting
    for your website.

Get Special Discount at http://www.Qwords.com/specials

Qwords.com Web Hosting Indonesia
    Bandung Head Office
    Jl.Cisitu Lama no.48 Bandung 40135
    Indonesia
    Phone: +62 22 70417489, 70147389, 91218051 (24 Hours)
    Fax : +62 22 2530022
    Email :

Bandung's Office Business Hours : Monday - Sunday 08:30 - 18.30 WIB (UTC+7)

Jakarta Sales Office
    Cyber Building 1 3rd Floor
    Jl.Kuningan Barat no.8
    Jakarta 12710 Indonesia
    Phone : +62 21 46552657, 46552658 (Business Hours only)

Jakarta's Office Business Hours : Monday - Saturday 09:30 - 17.30 WIB (UTC+7)

For 24 Hours Technical Support, Please login to www.Qwords.com

Qwords.com - Reliable Fast Web Hosting With Reasonable Price

I suggest you email the host - the abuse@qwords.com email, and tell them,
  • Guggenheim_Mug.jpg
    Say... That's a nice bike..
    Trax T700 with Lew Racing Pro VT-1 ;-)