Genesis Day One Cross- size?

MrChuck
MrChuck Posts: 1,663
edited September 2010 in Road buying advice
I'm looking at getting one of these but not sure on the sizing. It'd be ordered in so a test ride is unlikely.
My road bike is 54cm across the 'virtual' horizontal top tube, so the geometry chart on the Genesis website suggests a 52 cm frame, but I'm having a bit of trouble believing I'd need the smallest in the range- I'm about 5'11''.

Anyone of similar dimensions got one? It'd be for commuting rather than actual CX.

Comments

• dawebbo
    dawebbo Posts: 456
    I'm 5'11 also, and have the 56cm version. It's about right for commuting as I prefer being a bit more upright then, but find it a bit small (on the top tube) for proper/longer road riding. Then again I suppose it is meant to be a cross bike...
  • The frame is very similar geometry to my Croix de Fer (if not the same).

I'm 5.10 and have a 56, slightly big, I should have gone for 54 maybe... but perfectly rideable even for long distance... I think you should be OK with a 56, 54 if you like small frames...

Definitively not 52
    left the forum March 2023
  • MrChuck
    MrChuck Posts: 1,663
    Hmm, interesting. I certainly don't feel like my road bike wants to be any bigger, but a direct comparison to the size chart says this is about the same as their 52- what am I missing? Pretty sure I measured the right bit...

Do you guys have much standover?

EDIT: Just checking the Genesis site now and the rather nice orange and white seems to have been replaced with a nasty yellow and silver. Hope there's some older ones left...