Show me your Warface....

gtvlusso
gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
edited September 2010 in Commuting chat
This morning, whilst climbing a short steep hill on my way to work on the fixie, I realised I was gurning.....and shouting "come on m*therf*cker" at myself.

Does anyone else have an involuntary warface and warcry when powering up a hill or sprinting at full pace?

war_face-7.jpg

Comments

• t0pc4t
    t0pc4t Posts: 947
    yes, it makes me feel sorry for my wife and respect for her ability not to laugh
    Whether you're a king or a little street sweeper, sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper.

Cube Curve 2009
    Giant Anthem X4

FCN=6
  • a facemask can cover all manner of sins :D
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    a facemask can cover all manner of sins :D
    I'd start wearing one if I were you :P

Me, I am poker-faced tranquillity...

...unless there's a headwind
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • Sometimes, in the heat of SCR , my inner monologue switches to Marty McFly, from Back to the Future, saying, "Libyans, lets see if you can do ninety" :oops:
  • JonGinge wrote:

Why you little! *shakes fist*
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    JonGinge wrote:

Why you little! *shakes fist*
    mwah-ha-ha-ha
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • cee
    cee Posts: 4,553
    Off-road.....I have been known to shout at my front wheel.....

particularly during very sloppy, rooty and rocky descnts where it tends to ping about a bit....
    Whenever I see an adult on a bicycle, I believe in the future of the human race.

H.G. Wells.
  • I don't know what sorts of grimacing I might do, but I know that I grunt, and sometimes even growl, if I really pour it on in a hard sprint. Occasionally, I'll do it deliberately to unsettle someone when racing away from a junction. I suspect that hearing a growl on your shoulder, and then seeing a large man sprint away makes most people either give up, or race all the harder, both of which outcomes are fine by me.
    MiniLogo-1.jpg
    http://www.velochocolate.co.uk Special Treats for Lifestyle Cyclists

From FCN from 8 (road bike, beard, bag, work clothes) to 15 (on my Brompton)
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    My war-face is either a zen like trance to me grinning like a loon as the endorphines kick in.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    This is where I usually release an involuntary "Wilhelm" after sprinting to the top being chased by inpatient cars at the end of a 20+ mile ride: http://goo.gl/maps/p7Cu .
  • Im a bit of a Chris Sorensen

340x.jpg
    Anker_Sorensenalt.jpg
    I mean with the gurning
    I can't ride for toffee :)
  • gbsahne001
    gbsahne001 Posts: 1,973
    I have been known to shout at the wind / rain on the lines of, "come on then is that the best you can do"

I also sing out loud when I'm cycling; not a good look / sound
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    gbsahne wrote:
    I have been known to shout at the wind / rain on the lines of, "come on then is that the best you can do"

Haha! I've been known to shout exactly that when the rain is horizontal!
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • waddlie
    waddlie Posts: 542
    245.jpg

Yes, that is really me, and yes, I do wear that helmet when I'm out on my bike. (Honest.)
    Rules are for fools.
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    Waddlie wrote:
    Yes, that is really me, and yes, I do wear that helmet when I'm out on my bike. (Honest.)

:D Whats the FCN modifier for that?
  • gtvlusso
    gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
    gbsahne wrote:

I also sing out loud when I'm cycling; not a good look / sound

+1 with the singing.....usually the last song I heard before I left the house....
  • t0pc4t wrote:
    yes, it makes me feel sorry for my wife and respect for her ability not to laugh

We're talking about when your on the bike not when you two are up to no good in the bedroom..... :P
  • War face not so much, involutary yelling at the bike, my legs, the rain and wind yes.

Have been known to shout into particularly bad headwinds "Fu<k Off im doing my best!"
    FCN 4 dependant on beard

Boardman cx pro on slicks

"It CAN live in the house and we DO have room for another"