Great Journalism

spen666
spen666 Posts: 17,709
edited September 2010 in The bottom bracket
Found this gem of research and writing in a paper today
....Mumbai was at the centre of a terror siege in November 2008 when gunmen launched ten simultaneous attacks at popular landmarks including the Taj hotel, cafes, a train terminal and a Jewish centre.

It was carried out by nine terrorists from the Pakistan-based Islamist group Lashkar-e-Taiba which has committed previous attacks in India.

How can 9 terrorists carry out 10 simultaneous attacks?
Want to know the Spen666 behind the posts?
Then read MY BLOG @ http://www.pebennett.com

Twittering @spen_666

Comments

• A remotely detonated bomb?
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,217
    Perhaps one was using the Akimbo perk found in Modern Warfare 2 and firing two weapons? :wink:
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    Perhaps the journalist is a fat, tall, coke head, singing prostitute, who needs a Govt' incentive to bring their numeracy skills up to scratch.
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,217
    Aren't they all? No, come to think of it some are short :wink:
  • spen666 wrote:
    Found this gem of research and writing in a paper today
    ....Mumbai was at the centre of a terror siege in November 2008 when gunmen launched ten simultaneous attacks at popular landmarks including the Taj hotel, cafes, a train terminal and a Jewish centre.

It was carried out by nine terrorists from the Pakistan-based Islamist group Lashkar-e-Taiba which has committed previous attacks in India.

How can 9 terrorists carry out 10 simultaneous attacks?

I guess they mean 9 terrorists from the group mentioned and another 1who wasn't a member...you know, just signed in as a guest for the day.
  • Valves Portal Gun?
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Electrons can be in two places at once according to the bloke from The Eels's dad who was a physicist, so it could have in reality been much more than 10 attacks.
  • dmclite wrote:
    Electrons can be in two places at once according to the bloke from The Eels's dad who was a physicist, so it could have in reality been much more than 10 attacks.

Are you saying it was that blokes cat what did it?
  • Ands
    Ands Posts: 1,437
    Aggieboy wrote:
    Perhaps the journalist is a fat, tall, coke head, singing prostitute, who needs a Govt' incentive to bring their numeracy skills up to scratch.
    Are they gay and wearing a green Sky jersey?
  • Tenner says Wiggle had something to do with it.
  • downfader
    downfader Posts: 3,686
    dmclite wrote:

Pfft.. you've just failed your quantum physics degree mate. :wink: That only works on the sub atomic level. :lol:

I agree though, does sound a bit odd considering no mention of bombs or what not. :?
  • sloboy
    sloboy Posts: 1,139
    I had despaired of journalism over the last few years but recent I've bought some mags that have been really well written. Take a bow, Scientific American, The Economist and Motorsport. Not asserting anything about how fun or right they might be. But they all come across as being writtent by articulate humans who may have read over what they wrote.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,244
    sloboy wrote:
    I had despaired of journalism over the last few years but recent I've bought some mags that have been really well written. Take a bow, Scientific American, The Economist and Motorsport. Not asserting anything about how fun or right they might be. But they all come across as being writtent by articulate humans who may have read over what they wrote.

The economist is really very excellent.

Not alltogether netural ideologically however - though this is made very explicit and transparent.