Goooooooooooooood Moooooooooooooorning Crudites!

Raymondavalon
Raymondavalon Posts: 5,346
edited September 2010 in The Crudcatcher
Greetings all,

Was up at 03h00 this morning and have just arrived in Brizzle to drop my puddypat off with friends who are cat sitting him for 20 odd days.

So, shortly I'll be driving from Brizzle to Basingstoke where I'll be chauffeured to Heathrow T5 later this afternoon..

What a hectic day, this time tomorrow I'll be sat in a Boeing with about 2 hours of flight time, so I'll be scoffing one of those Gad awful airline meals.. Meh!

Comments

• First day back since Friday (as in earlier thread have been looking after mum) so will probably either get the silent treatment or given a 'talk' to.... maybe neither. Hoping that it's option 3 and my boss is actually very understanding!!!

raymond, where are you off to pal?
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    morning all. how's everyone today?

my boy seems to be getting over his cold so i had a night of, nearly, uninterupted sleep last night so i'm only feeling slightly shite this morning :lol:

but ah well, 2 more days and i'm off to mid wales with a load of mates for the gf's 30th and i get to take the bike :D
  • Raymondavalon

Where you headed to? Sounds like a fun amount of traveling, I remember the days of flying from America to England and going to the rest of Europe and being on the move for days at a time.

Me, i'm just finishing off some work for university, getting ready to head to university, then meeting some guy to sell him a few parts, then back home. Can't go wrong really.

Been up since 5:45 as per the mrs's schedule, so head is a bit foggy now as it's 830 and the energy drinks seem to have worn off. I hate her schedule.
  • Good Morning Freaks!

I seem to have woken up at 05:00 this morning. Sleep's overrated anyways...

Only in today & tomorrow, then a 4 day weekend. That said, I've got a fair amount of work to do that will have to be done over the weekend. :(
  • Kitty
    Kitty Posts: 2,844
    Morning doing two shifts at work today with a three hour break in-between in which I might return to bed, suppose I should get up soon :(
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Mornin

Today I am working flat out whilst trying to work out what to blow some £3/400 on :) (decided is should be bike / camera related rather than hookers)
  • Good morning!

Today I will be helping future father-in-law take the sails down on his boat as preparation for storing it for winter. Other than that it's modelling some extrusions and some injection moulded parts for a quotation, that should take most of today at least.
  • morning all,

Today i will be mostly working and thinking about food.

That is all :p
  • good morning,

there are only 3 of us in the office today, so i am enjoying some peace and quiet as well as looking for another job online. hehe

football after work but i am not looking forward to it due to the bad weather and i got a cold.
    "It is not impossible, its just improbable"

Specialized Rockhopper Pro Disc 08
  • Morning all,

Ride to work this morning was rather moist. It would seem that my waterproof jacket has become just a jacket. What’s good re-proofing stuff these days?

Fettling has been rather unfruitful lately. Fitted new front wheel and brake blocks to rat bike last night. It would seem I managed to grind a groove into the old front wheel, oops. Still need to fit rack to it, but a combination of people sleeping funny hours, drills disappearing, children not sleeping and weddings of people I’ve never met it seems to be taking a while. I need my own garage, or at least shed.

Now need to go and find the key to the boiler room so I can dump my shoes in there and hope they dry.

Is it 5 yet?
    "I ride to eat"
  • Stuart_C wrote:
    Ride to work this morning was rather moist. It would seem that my waterproof jacket has become just a jacket. What’s good re-proofing stuff these days?

I've got some Graingers stuff that I'm yet to try. Supposed to be good and available at places like Millets etc.
  • Tartanyak
    Tartanyak Posts: 1,538
    Right. I'm off for a lunch(ish) time bike. Blue skies and sun... How long for? I'm guessing right until I'm at the farthest point away from shelter.
  • Morning All!

Got a bit of cold this morning, this doesn't normally bother me but I've got to shift it before the D2D at the weekend...anyone recommend anything that'll work in 2 days?

Nothing else to report.
    Santa Cruz Chameleon
    Orange Alpine 160
  • whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,695
    Morning.

Less than a month in, I'll hopefully be telling my manager that I'm leaving work today. It's just putting too much strain on my joints, and I can't risk them failing me again while I'm doing my degree. I thought they were ok enough, apparently they aren't.
  • Morning chaps and ettes.

Today i woke up with a headache, not drink related so burger knows where its come from.

just got a new rear tyre as the one the lbs lent me to try was too much for my road sections to and from the moors/woods. I plumped for a 2.1 hi-Roller. I also fell into the trap of looking around the lbs and got some 3/4s too. Best get rid of this head and try both items out, hope I don't need to try out the 3rd item, Patches.

Ought to call in and tell the guy at the garage that i won't be buying the mitsubishi L200. Want too, but I fancy having some spare coin for a year or 2 now.
    fly like a mouse, run like a cushion be the small bookcase!
  • delta5
    delta5 Posts: 265
    Stuart_C wrote:

I've got some Graingers stuff that I'm yet to try. Supposed to be good and available at places like Millets etc.

Nikwax is also good - various products for cleaning and w/proofing breathable and non-breathable fabrics, leather, etc. I've used Nikwax Techwash and TX Direct on my jackets, tarps, etc. and it works pretty well if you follow the instructions. You can get them from Blacks and most other camping / hiking shops.
    My abundant supply of MTFU is reserved for use in dry, sunny conditions.
  • fletch8928 wrote:
    Best get rid of this head and try both items out, .

Well i reckon an Axe, or machette would do this :p
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    Morning gang

I'm at work just enjoying a big bacon cob and a tunnocks wafer bar. Shall shortly be off to Walsall and back. nice earlyish finish today and then just tommorrow to do before another 5 day weekend,

Contemplating whether to buy some bike lights or whether to have a bash with a halogen emergency train headlamp first, decisions decisions
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • fletch8928 wrote:
    Best get rid of this head and try both items out, .

Well i reckon an Axe, or machette would do this :p

i was thinking more Worzle Gummidge. Less pain and more life left.
    fly like a mouse, run like a cushion be the small bookcase!
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    Good Morning Freaks!

I seem to have woken up at 05:00 this morning. Sleep's overrated anyways...

Only in today & tomorrow, then a 4 day weekend. That said, I've got a fair amount of work to do that will have to be done over the weekend. :(

glad to hear you weren't culled yesterday mate :D you can go on affording lighter bits for the bikes for a while longer :lol:
  • This was Sunday’s entertainment:

http://www.uxbridgegazette.co.uk/west-l ... -27365811/

Watching 200 tonnes of hay go up in smoke. Our garden backs onto this farm so we had front row seats.

I could’ve done with this at work today. Had nowhere to dry my stuff, so looks like I’m riding home in pre-wettened clothes. :cry:
    "I ride to eat"
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    Morning.
    Its outragous! i mean its half past coffee time and ive only just got on here! that dam work stuff getting in the way!

I'm off to the Circus at the weekend and to say i'm slightly excited is an understatement!
    never been and always wanted to. i used taking my daughters as an excuse.

On a other note i'm still snotty and not ridden all week :x
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • At Heathrow T5 with an hour and fifteen to kill before check in, the downside of getting to the airport early :¬P
    I am armed with a large cappuccino + extra shot with no chocolate sprinkles. This coffee is so strong El Capitano would give it his seal of approval. I even have it in a lightweight paper cup!
    This coffee is so bitter that when I sip it, the hairs on my arms stand up... yes, no sugar

I am so freakin' tired, I was afraid I may nod off and my baggage goes AWOL, hence the coffee. When I board that bid bad 747 I am so going to pass out until it touches down 11 hours later. Knowing my luck I won't be able to sleep and will be stuck with small screen entertainment airline style. I may just buy "The midgets meet Muffin the mule" p0rn0 DVD at the tax free shopping

I'm also being bad by plugging the Mac into a power socket at Cafe Nero to preserve my batteries for the possibility of alternate viewing on the flight. Result!

Where I'm going the Internet connections are shyte and home connectivity flattens out at 512K :¬( so very little Crud Content for me. Pah, 3rd world countries!