Question!!!!!!

forcutty
forcutty Posts: 1,055
edited September 2010 in The Crudcatcher
So a while back I was given a Taylors Eye Witness pocket knife :P And as I have just been given a bonus i was thinking of getting one of these. http://www.premiercutlery.co.uk/show_item/pocket_knives/premier_pocketknives_worked/pc100ox_worked
Or should i get another brand/type :?:

Comments

• psymon
    psymon Posts: 1,562
    nah get a tanto knife.
    i want one to strap to the bike as an anti chav device.

like this
    https://www.hahnssurplus.com/product.php?productid=230&cat=0&page=1
  • British_Army_Machette.jpg

I've got one of these. No idea why, I've never used it. I saw a big shiny knife and thought "that'll look good on my webbing". That was 10 years ago and it's never been near my webbing.
    + 1001 posts reset by the cruel cruel moderators!

Giant Trance X4 (2010)
    Giant SCR 02 (2006)
  • BlackSpur
    BlackSpur Posts: 4,228
    http://www.tactical-ops.co.uk/Items/8448

I've got one of these - it's stupidly sharp and looks mean, I guess you're after something a bit more "classic" looking though
    "Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling." ~James E. Starrs
  • British_Army_Machette.jpg

I've got one of these. No idea why, I've never used it. I saw a big shiny knife and thought "that'll look good on my webbing". That was 10 years ago and it's never been near my webbing.
    Damn - you beat me to it...

I have 3 of these, I think... Never bought one, mind. And they are all ridiculously blunt. Like, so far beyond blunt, it's not even funny...

I'm determined to sharpen one of them up so sharp, I can shave with it. Will be awesome on exercise to actually shave with a machete! :lol:
    Boo-yah mofo
    Sick to the power of rad
    Fix it 'till it's broke
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    RTW-Chaz wrote:
    British_Army_Machette.jpg

I have 3 of these, I think... Never bought one, mind. And they are all ridiculously blunt. Like, so far beyond blunt, it's not even funny...

I'm determined to sharpen one of them up so sharp, I can shave with it. Will be awesome on exercise to actually shave with a machete! :lol:

bibi10023ICON120.jpg
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • I'm at work ATM, so can't post anything categorised as "Weapons"...however, have a look at the SOG knives. Very, very nice.
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 2,086
    oyakata.jpg

I like my 11 inch folding lockknives to have teeth. :)
  • Alex - would that be a folding tree saw? (Pics blocked at work and not too clear on the PDA).

If so, what brand/model is it?

I have an old Sandvic one of those that somehow has been adjusted so the blade will open one handed with a swift flick of the wrist. It does need replacing through as the wooden handle is starting to show signs of wear.
  • Alex
    It's a SilkyFox Oyakata.

It's a Japanese saw so it cuts on the pull stroke. I've had a Gomboy for ages but I wanted something that would tackle green timber better. You can practically fell 20 year growth trees with this :P

Silky, IMO, make the BEST folding saws.
  • Ta. I shall give that a looksee later, with the obvious excuse of needing something to cut back the brambles/weeds/trees/rainforest that's taking over Mrs C's allotment. :D
  • bails87
    needing something to cut back the brambles/weeds/trees/rainforest that's taking over Mrs C's allotment. :D

Tell her to wax it!
    MTB/CX

• Alex
    I've seen pictures of Mrs C's allotment on the internet. :shock:
  • bails87 wrote:
    RTW-Chaz wrote:

bibi10023ICON120.jpg
    Yeah, a nice, handy, boring razor. Not really unusual.

I'm looking at sharpening stones right now :lol:

Ever seen anyone shave with a machete? I know I haven't, and it's probably a safe bet the crow-bags who I have to look after on exercise haven't either. Will be EPIC!
    Boo-yah mofo
    Sick to the power of rad
    Fix it 'till it's broke
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    I know those Barlows are really well made but they look like they cost about 50p. I like Opinel meself, cheap but good and if you look after them they last forever,

Mmm, might need to get one of them Silkys once my old Sandvik dies, that looks ace.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • bails87
    RTW-Chaz wrote:
    bails87 wrote:
    RTW-Chaz wrote:

bibi10023ICON120.jpg
    Yeah, a nice, handy, boring razor. Not really unusual.
    !

There's a reason people shave with razors! :lol:
    MTB/CX