To braid, or not to braid, that is the question

dot1
dot1 Posts: 538
edited September 2010 in MTB general
After buying some Goodridge hoses and trying to bodge them on without the goodridge connector kit, they are leaking so I'm going to buy a complete kit so that I get all new fittings. But do I stick with normal hope hose for £20 a brake from CRC or do I go for the braided hoses for £27 a brake from CRC. Is it worth paying the extra for braided? Are they really going to make much difference? I've never boiled a brake or anything before, so I don't know if I will gain much extra from it?

Just found that I can get the braided kit for £22 from Winstanleys, but I've never used them before so don't know if they're reliable? I need the kits pretty prono as I'm meant to be going to Cwmcarn on sunday!
Trek Remedy 7 2009
viewtopic.php?t=12634629

Boardman Pro Singlespeed - Sold
viewtopic.php?t=12752297&highlight=

Giant Defy 5 2012

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Normal OEM hoses are braided kevlar anyway. If you want shiny, then get braided steel, otherwise, forget it.
  • less likely to kink the cable with a braided ive found, other than that its just a bit of bling, but for the sake of £2 get them, winstanleys have been good to me but not to other on here