Swinley 2nd October

LjStronge
LjStronge Posts: 287
edited October 2010 in MTB rides
Hi Folks

I have only recently joined and been here a couple of months at most.

I ride Swinley every week and have seen many others who ride regulary or go every now and then.

I consider myself reasonably knowledgeble about the trails there (although that doesn't transend into Skill or Fitness I might add) and wondered if anyone wants to pop down on Saturday.

I know T0pC4t was talking about going down on Saturday, are you still up for that? Would anybody else like to come down?

I would like to spend a decent amount of time down there Saturday hope to ride with some of you guys

Let us know

Thansk
Specialized Rockhopper Comp 2009.

Comments

• Hi there,

I would be quite interested depending on the time you lot are meeting.. I know these MTBers seem to like getting up at stupid o'clock to go on rides.. ??

Ollie
  • Hi there,

I would be quite interested depending on the time you lot are meeting.. I know these MTBers seem to like getting up at stupid o'clock to go on rides.. ??

Ollie

Sounds good - I don't mind what time we ride, I'm up for what ever the majority says?

TBH, even if there is a split in times, we can always meet back up at the Car Park, It's not that big of a place. Still - see what replies we get.

Whatever you guys want, I'm easy (snigger snigger)
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Though we've got a thing for Surrey Hills these days :D, it's also worth posting in the London Calling thread. There are many of us around the area who ride Swinley on and off and know it pretty well.
  • Hey, ok, thanks man - I'll drop a link in that thread. Thanks for that.

Maybe I'll pop down to Surrey Hills sometime and you can let me know what I'm missing? ;)
  • thel33ter
    thel33ter Posts: 2,684
    LjStronge wrote:
    Hey, ok, thanks man - I'll drop a link in that thread. Thanks for that.

Maybe I'll pop down to Surrey Hills sometime and you can let me know what I'm missing? ;)

You are missing pretty much the best Surrey has to muster :D
    And now you know, and knowing is half the battle
    05 Spesh Enduro Expert
    05 Trek 1000 Custom build
    Speedily Singular Thingy
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    LjStronge wrote:
    Hey, ok, thanks man - I'll drop a link in that thread. Thanks for that.

Imagine Swinley on mega steroids
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Surrey hills is pretty damn good, but if you dont know where all the best runs are It can be very frustrating!!

From all the people that are going so far, would I be right in saying that im the least experenced MTBer?..

Ollie
  • t0pc4t
    t0pc4t Posts: 947
    I can be there from about 11.30 is that's good

I don't know how I compare speed wise, I would guess I am pretty slow but I'd love to come out
    Whether you're a king or a little street sweeper, sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper.

Cube Curve 2009
    Giant Anthem X4

FCN=6

• From all the people that are going so far, would I be right in saying that im the least experenced MTBer?..

Ollie

I doubt it.

I've only been riding about 8 months.
    t0pc4t wrote:
    I can be there from about 11.30 is that's good

I don't know how I compare speed wise, I would guess I am pretty slow but I'd love to come out

All Cool Man - Doesn't matter how fast we all are - I think I'll be at the back to my freind!
  • Anonymous
    We compete with each other to get to the back :D

Anyway, probably could do a Swinley ride especially if it's not crack of dawn.
  • Looking likely to be a 12 O'Clock run then!

That's cool by me as I'll be coming from Princes Risbrough Saturday.

I don't know if there are any trails I don't know about yet?

DeadKenny - You seem to know your way around - have I missed any?

The Whole Nine Yards
    BabyMaker
    Deerstalker
    Labrynth
    Tank Traps
    Stickler
    Seagull
    Jump Gully
    CorkScrew

Then there are loads of others I don't know the names of!
  • t0pc4t
    meeting at the lookout?
    Whether you're a king or a little street sweeper, sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper.

Cube Curve 2009
    Giant Anthem X4

FCN=6
  • Sounds good to me.

I'll be the muppet in the Full Face Helmet and Silver Rockhopper
  • I think I might be up for this - just need to check what time my son's football match finishes. The worst case scenario would big ringing it in from the Camberley end and meeting up with you all en route.
    This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
  • t0pc4t
    Ok, I'll be in a grey/blue giro xen, anthem X4 and with a red small backpack on.

actually:

this is me
    photo-1.jpg

Cube Curve 2009
    Giant Anthem X4

FCN=6
  • That makes things easier - Don't think I have any pics of my ugle mug, I'll take a look
  • I really dont want to post a picture up of my ugly mug, but Im sure I will just hang around outside the front of the lookout looking lost untill I recognise someone!!

I have a black treck 6000 with spds, grey grips with red ends and rockshox reba suspension..

Thats the only noticable thing on my bike!!

LjStronge - Full race helmit.. wow you must bre pretty serious rider?
  • Anonymous
    LjStronge wrote:
    DeadKenny - You seem to know your way around - have I missed any?

The Whole Nine Yards
    BabyMaker
    Deerstalker
    Labrynth
    Tank Traps
    Stickler
    Seagull
    Jump Gully
    CorkScrew

Then there are loads of others I don't know the names of!
    Think that covers most of the ones I know the names of. Only others I know are Rollercoaster and Satan's Groto (aka Route "something or other", I think someone called it last week).

Map with many of them: http://www.calcot.plus.com/swinleysingletrack2.jpg

The rest I have no idea what they are called.
  • natrix
    natrix Posts: 1,111
    See if you can find 'The hidden valley'
    ~~~~~~Sustrans - Join the Movement~~~~~~

• LjStronge - Full race helmit.. wow you must bre pretty serious rider?

No, My mates take the p*ss and say that I don't have the skill level or bravery to warrant such an item, but my mate cut his chin up on Skyline and it freaked my out a little bit.

That & I wanted to wind my mates up! :D . To be honest it is only neccesery down babymaker and deerstalker.
  • t0pc4t
    barnesr wrote:

how do we know if / when we find it?

Cube Curve 2009
    Giant Anthem X4

FCN=6
  • t0pc4t wrote:
    barnesr wrote:

Your not supposed to know, its hidden haha!!

babymaker and deerstalker?? - I dont think i've found these before!! Theres only 2 ive actually been to and one of them was a run down through loads of trees which were really close to the singletrack!! and the other I cant really remember where it is..

I found jump gully and well, chickend out and rolled them all haha!!
  • t0pc4t
    Ah I know where the gully is, turn right off old bracknell road.

I also know how to get to the labrynth. I did find some more nice trails this weekend actually but I'd like to know if there is a way to link them together as what I do at the moment is bomb down this nice one to old bracknell road then go up there past the resevoir to the labrynth

Cube Curve 2009
    Giant Anthem X4

FCN=6
  • t0pc4t wrote:
    barnesr wrote:

Your not supposed to know, its hidden haha!!

babymaker and deerstalker?? - I dont think i've found these before!! Theres only 2 ive actually been to and one of them was a run down through loads of trees which were really close to the singletrack!! and the other I cant really remember where it is..

I found jump gully and well, chickend out and rolled them all haha!!

Your going to have a great day mate - especially if you havn't done "DeerStalker - Labrynth!" is great mate.

As for the jump gully - I barely ever go down it as all the "bigger boys" are doing jumps and I only have the guts to roll over them!
  • t0pc4t
    it's not the bigger lads that get me it's the 14 year olds with piss pot helmets that are whipping all the jumps and there's me, 33 and too pussy to go down there

and yeah, labrynth is lush

Cube Curve 2009
    Giant Anthem X4

FCN=6
  • Anonymous
    14? Pah, old fogies. What got me was the kid who looked about 6 on a tiny kids bike doing big jumps (relative to his size)!
  • I wish I started when I was a kid (MTBing, not riding around at the age of 6 on my Chopper being Policeman) rather that 8 months ago!
  • Just to get a feel for ages? What are we looking at here? I see topcat is 33.. haha

Anyone else?

I'm 25..!
  • I'm 28
    My name is Tobias (Toby)
    Specilized Rockhopper 2009 (Silver)
  • Wrong side of thirty.
    This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.