Good Hokey Pokey Morning

VWsurfbum
VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
edited September 2010 in The Crudcatcher
Whaaaaatsuup peeps
i think i maybe having a relapse of illness :evil:
Tuesday means 2 things, trip to the seaside and riding tonight.
I put my Sealskins on this morning in preperation and it turns out yet another pair have died and i have knobbly toes again :roll: another £30 down the pooper

Could be worse i could look like a pork scratching
Kazza the Tranny
Now for sale Fatty

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Man flu has taken hold :(
  • VWsurfbum wrote:
    Could be worse i could look like a pork scratching

Pork Scratchings...*drools*

Good Morning Freaks!

Bit of a pea-souper this morning, very foggy/misty with accompanying drizzly rain. Not the reason I drove in, I need to the car for work stuffs later.

Today, I hate golf even more than I hate football or tennis.

Should find out later if I have a role in the new organisational structure and there will be coffee and bacon consumed.

I think I need to order me something lightweight and exotic to cheer myself up a bit. :D
  • A quiet day. Rode the stumpjumper to work because I broke the mudguard on my cyclocross. I need to find a route that allows my to hit tons of stairs I think.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    EC - good luck with new org structure
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    El Capitano
    Good luck with hunting for exotic items oh and the job thingy :roll:

Carbon stem?
    Carbon brake levers?
    KNC jocky wheels?
    Carbon headset spacers and cap?

Thinking about it i'm pretty sure you already have all that?
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • Morning all.

After the confirmed disaster of the weekend (no parts turning up, no time for riding or fettling) I am hoping CRC will be delivering a shineeee new XT front mech for the Inbred.

I'll continue the search for Sauserwinds, as viewing the reviews for shops that have them aren't the best. I'm also trying to decide on a pair of SLX, XT or Hope/Crest wheels. I've broken a pair of XT in 10 minutes, but don't really like the fact I have to buy another cassette/tape/valves etc to get the Hopes tubeless pushing the price up to over £300.
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?
  • VWsurfbum wrote:
    El Capitano

Carbon stem? (Already got a 96g KCNC stem, no need for carbon)
    Carbon brake levers? (Already got them on the Avid CR's)
    KNC jocky wheels? (Already got, with ceramic bearings)
    Carbon headset spacers and cap? (Already got the Tune one from Poshbikes...)

:D

TBH, I'm finding it harder and harder (Oh er matron!) to source components to stick on the NRS to make it lighter (and therefore by default - faster). I'm in the process of sourcing some wheels and have pretty much settled on the ones I want - 1340g for the pair!. I'm also 'tuning' some pedals to get them down to around 160g for the pair - just waiting for some stuffs to be delivered from Taiwan.

I've thought about getting some Yuema stuffs for the XTR shifters - but I'm not sure the few g weight saving is worth the extra cost/pimp factor.

Apart from that, can't really see where I can loose much more weight...
  • Apart from that, can't really see where I can loose much more weight...
    The rider... :lol::lol::lol::wink:
    Boo-yah mofo
    Sick to the power of rad
    Fix it 'till it's broke
  • morning all, standard day really, work work work. the nipper was particularly chipper this morning which was a nice start to the day. and i finally made a start on the 456 last night, got the cranks down to a single ring and the bars/stem/grips together.

now need to decide what to do this evening. night ride with the grips boys or continue the build :? i'm thinking frips ride, haven't been for at least 3 weeks, they'll start to think i'm dead or something.
    FCN 9 - 2008 Kona Cinder Cone
    FCN 9 - Custom Build On-One 456
    FCN 5 - 2010 Boardman Team Carbon
  • .blitz
    .blitz Posts: 6,197
    Yah morning all.

I have shaken off the cold I had over the weekend, thrown it to the ground and jumped up and down on all the little pieces. Batteries are on charge in readiness for tonight's ride yadda yadda etc
  • Morning each and everyone.

This is it. todays the day. Thats to say its Tuesday.

I have no plans apart from testing some tyres from the lbs.

Hope you get what you want El Cap. Coffee, bacon and job roll.
    fly like a mouse, run like a cushion be the small bookcase!
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    morning team

blingy bits are here so just popped them on, now off to work, 3 days till I'm off, so I might go a ride on friday, just where to go is the question

Today howeve, its off to Coventry and Walall repeatedly, oh the joy

Oh and lightweight and exotic El Cap? my mate is off to visit family in the Phillipines next week, I could get him to bring his siter back?
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • gazderry wrote:
    Oh and lightweight and exotic El Cap? my mate is off to visit family in the Phillipines next week, I could get him to bring his siter back?

Perfect! :D
  • Kitty
    Kitty Posts: 2,844
    Good Morning,

Thought of the day today is: most family suck.

Just waiting for a friend to come round to watch this is england, staff training later on. I also seem to have acquired a cold of someone, damn them.
  • Well still looking at lights for purchase with the pay check Thusday for evening. So joyful.

I feel bruised on every inch today, From my quality riding on Sunday, I don't think I have ridden so bad in years!
  • CRC either doesn't want my money or really really likes me. Seems they are sending me a light but have somehow not charged me for it. The charge was sitting there for a while but now it has disappeared, the money is back in my account but most strangely the package is on its way. I bet it's a cardboard box with a brick in it.
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    VWsurfbum wrote:
    El Capitano

TBH, I'm finding it harder and harder (Oh er matron!) to source components to stick on the NRS to make it lighter (and therefore by default - faster). I'm in the process of sourcing some wheels and have pretty much settled on the ones I want - 1340g for the pair!. I'm also 'tuning' some pedals to get them down to around 160g for the pair - just waiting for some stuffs to be delivered from Taiwan.

I've thought about getting some Yuema stuffs for the XTR shifters - but I'm not sure the few g weight saving is worth the extra cost/pimp factor.

do you have any jobs going at your place el cap? you have WAY too much money and time on your hands....

i want that aswell :lol:
  • welshkev
    Well still looking at lights for purchase with the pay check Thusday for evening. So joyful.
    I feel bruised on every inch today, From my quality riding on Sunday, I don't think I have ridden so bad in years!

me too, what one's you looking at? :D
  • whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,695
    Morning.
    I discovered last night that the Williams F1 team do year long student placements. I'm tempted to take a year out from my degree to do that. Need to look into it all better though, obviously.

Work tonight. How boring.
  • welshkev wrote:
    VWsurfbum wrote:
    El Capitano

do you have any jobs going at your place el cap? you have WAY too much money and time on your hands....

In less than an hour, we'll be announcing 300 job losses...
  • welshkev
    welshkev wrote:
    VWsurfbum wrote:
    El Capitano

In less than an hour, we'll be announcing 300 job losses...

doh!!! oops :oops:

i hope you're not one of them pal
  • Magicshine for the front, and looking into to mounting a powerful led torch for the spot on the helmet Welshy.
  • In less than an hour, we'll be announcing 300 job losses...

meh. What a bummer. :cry:

I'm currently winning my work war, but I'm also making sure there's a getaway vehicle parked outside.

• welshkev
    Magicshine for the front, and looking into to mounting a powerful led torch for the spot on the helmet Welshy.

which magicshine? i was looking at the p7
    360 Posts: 5,940
    Morning,

I've been sampling bmws hospitality this morning as they installed a part that they forgot to order for my cars service last month.

Then the feckers managed to over charge me by 70 quid!

Back in work eating short bread now though :)
  • 360 wrote:
    Morning,

I've been sampling bmws hospitality this morning as they installed a part that they forgot to order for my cars service last month.

they didn't overcharge that's how much a cup of BMW tea costs.

• 360 wrote:
    Morning,

they didn't overcharge that's how much a cup of BMW tea costs.

It's because of all the torques...
  • MJ-808 for the bars Kev :p
  • My laptop's completely broken, still waiting for the new one to turn up, and the touch screen on the phone is playing up!

If someone wishes to donate some happiness I'd be grateful :cry: :x
    FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!