Marmite Crisps!

El Capitano
El Capitano Posts: 6,401
edited September 2010 in The Crudcatcher
Are they the most delicious flavour potato snack EVER!

Just had a bag. Might have to hunt down another packet...

Comments

• welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    urrrggg, i'm definately a hater of marmite. but my GF and little boy love the stuff!
  • psymon
    psymon Posts: 1,562
    + marmite flavour potato

i love the rice cake ones!
  • They are good, but not Marmitey enough.

I say that as I am eating some post ride toast with an inch of the tastey dark stuff slapped all over it.
    fly like a mouse, run like a cushion be the small bookcase!
  • psymon wrote:
    i love the rice cake ones!

Indeed, especially with a nice slice of cheddar...
  • psymon
    psymon Posts: 1,562
    om nom nom nom.

think youve just inspired a dinner snack!
  • Marmite crisps are yum.

Large Marmite rice cakes are better

Small Marmite rice cakes beat these

Marmite roasted cashews are almost there.

But nothing compares to grilled cheese and Marmite on toast, with the Marmite so thick you receive 'Marmite burn' to the roof of your mouth.
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?
  • there is also a bizarre marmite/oat bar in tescos which is....erm...kinda...well...

http://www.mueslilover.com/2010/03/marmite-cereal-bar-muesli-lover-verdict.html

+1 for mamite nuts/crisps/rice cakes
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • ste_t
    ste_t Posts: 1,599
    True that they aren't marmitey enough nowadays, same as twiglets.

Got one of these badboys waiting for me at home, not had it before so hoping not to be disappointed!

article-0-02FEEEC0000005DC-472_468x286.jpg
  • Take 1 crumpet, add marmite, oven the beast and then you have one tasty snack, apparently.
  • you guys are making me feel ill.

i'm from the midlands Bovril all the way!
  • ste_t
    you guys are making me feel ill.

Completely different things! Marmite goes on toast, crumpets, crisps, twiglets, nuts, etc. Bovril you drink! Well, always have done at the Hawthorns anyway so just assume thats the proper use for Bovril :?
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,166
    Love marmite - esp on buttered toast. Will I burn in hell if I say I like Vegemite more?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo 666 wrote:
    Love marmite - esp on buttered toast. Will I burn in hell if I say I like Vegemite more?

I like Vegemite also and totally love Marmite, I even had the Champagne and XO special editions but for some reason I hate it as crisps or when it is in the cheese spreads.

"I like riding in my car, it's not quite a Jaguar."
  • ste_t wrote:

Completely different things! Marmite goes on toast, crumpets, crisps, twiglets, nuts, etc. Bovril you drink! Well, always have done at the Hawthorns anyway so just assume thats the proper use for Bovril :?

of course you can use Bovril for the above things just the same as marmite, think of Bovril as the meaty beefy version of marmites girl veggie front :p
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    ste_t wrote:

of course you can use Bovril for the above things just the same as marmite, think of Bovril as the meaty beefy version of marmites girl veggie front :p

Ooh a hot steamy cup of Bovril and a Balti pie donw the Banks's stadium, thats a way to spend a saturday afternoon or a weeknight

Marmite on the other hand is wiggety wiggetty wack!!!
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • .blitz
    .blitz Posts: 6,197
    Never tried Marmite. What's it like? I'm thinking it's like congealed brown sauce with a hint of onion :?
  • stick your finger up your anus and scratch about gently. now put the finger directly under your nose - now let your imagination convert that experience and translate to taste
  • Gazlar
    it tastes like the pureed remains of the burnt bits of bubble and squeak that are left int the bottom of the frying pan!!!
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • .blitz
    .blitz Posts: 6,197
    Err...OK thanks fellas I think I'll pass on the Marmite experience :)
  • .blitz wrote:
    Err...OK thanks fellas I think I'll pass on the Marmite experience :)

Sensible :p
  • I would never listen to the opinion of person with malformed taste buds when it comes to food.

Best thing to do is actual taste Marmite, go and buy a jar of it. A small jar will be fine. Bring home with some nice thick white bread and a mature cheddar. Toast the bread, spread the Marmite and then add the cheese and grill under a medium heat until the cheese bubbles and goes golden. Cool slightly then sit down and enjoy with a cup of tea. If you don't like it then, you must also be affected with malformed taste buds too :p
  • I would never listen to the opinion of person with malformed taste buds when it comes to food.

Best thing to do is actual taste Marmite, go and buy a jar of it. A small jar will be fine. Bring home with some nice thick white bread and a mature cheddar. Toast the bread, spread the Marmite and then add the cheese and grill under a medium heat until the cheese bubbles and goes golden. Cool slightly then sit down and enjoy with a cup of tea. If you don't like it then, you must also be affected with malformed taste buds too :p

lies your trying to poisen us all! :p
  • Marmite crisps = God's way of letting us savour the great taste of Marmite without having to butter bread and open the Marmite jar..

Good heavens old chap, I know what I've been missing out on now :p

Sorted it for you ;)

Right I just followed your instructions to the last detail, yep the results are in, it was great. 8)669but.jpg
  • Gazlar
    Seriously, there are people on here that like Marmite? Marmite is a ration food designed for necessity rather than taste and it belongs in the 1940s with Spam and Camp Coffee. Why do you think posh restaurants dont use marmite? because it tastes like someone had taken damp earth and twigs and blended them with the contents of my sink drainer, then strained out the best bits and turned the rest into some kind of paste.

Not nice at all
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • ste_t
    gazderry wrote:
    Seriously, there are people on here that like Marmite? Marmite is a ration food designed for necessity rather than taste and it belongs in the 1940s with Spam and Camp Coffee. Why do you think posh restaurants dont use marmite? because it tastes like someone had taken damp earth and twigs and blended them with the contents of my sink drainer, then strained out the best bits and turned the rest into some kind of paste.

Not nice at all

But then eating a curry wrapped in pastry, washed down with a cup of hot liquid cow, is proper upper class? :wink:
  • Gazlar
    ste_t wrote:
    gazderry wrote:

Not nice at all

But then eating a curry wrapped in pastry, washed down with a cup of hot liquid cow, is proper upper class? :wink:

My Butler says it is, so therefore it must :D
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    is it too late for marmite on toast?
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    stick your finger up your anus and scratch about gently.

that happened to me twice a week for about 6 weeks once upon a time.