The Monday Blues Good Morning thread

projectsome
projectsome Posts: 4,478
edited September 2010 in The Crudcatcher
well after a week off work it's time to go back :cry:

on top of that the laptop is pretty much dead, (it has 20 mins of power left)

I've just ordered a new laptop with 1gb ram and 160gb hdd for less than £120 :lol: good job I was saving for a rainy day.

Nowt much else planned for today.

And the rest of the Crud Tribe????
FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Living the dream (ish)
  • Mud Gorning!

Monday's suck...

It's still dark outside! Had to ride in with the lights on. :( Looks like Autumn is finally here, so it'll be winter in a couple of weeks time.

That said, the wooly cycling top I bought from Aldi yesterday was toasty warm this morning. Bit itchy mind, but nothing Mrs C + Washing machine + Tumble dryer cant destroy...

Coffee will be a little late this morning as coffee-wallah minion is at the dentist. I already have bacon sandwiches and I also have a snake & pigmy pie that's probably not going to survive the next 10 minutes...
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Goooood Morning

I've missed hangovers, but now they're back to stay

That is all

Actually it isn't I shall be doing some uni stuff, then riding a bike, then getting drunk

Ciao for now :wink:
  • Tartanyak
    Tartanyak Posts: 1,538
    Yawn yawn and some McYawn in there to shake it up.

Tired. Don't want to work. Suppose I have to. How very mean.

I want snake and pygmy pie. Pie pie pie. This country lacks pie!
  • Greetings,

Today I am off to Brizzle to collect my [new?] Land Rover Discovery 300TDi which will be my new dedicated bike haulier.
    I've had a new back floor pan professionally fitted and it's just been MOT'd and taxed for a year. No luxury on this model, compared to the Disco SII V8 SE, but it was cheap and it's mechanically sound. I must add it has twin sunroofs, electric windows and alloys. I paid £200 for it. I've spent quite a bit on it with the rear floor plan and other repairs, but it's come in at under a grand. In the long term I'll convert it into my dedicated bike haulier AND off road vehicle.

My last three days in the grim weather then off to warmer climates to celebrate my offspring's 21st. I'll be on the warmer side of the equator for just on 3 weeks.
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    Morning chaps, well ive been up since 02.15 and traveled approx 150 or so miles, i'm now at work and will be until gone 7 this evening? so i'm thinking this cold that was showing signs of going over the weekend may make a return after today?

only 17280 hrs to go until vegas!
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • Tartanyak
    Tartanyak Posts: 1,538
    Didn't you know? Vegas is closing in 17278 hours!
  • What a stupid start today. I was planning on getting tipsy last night but that got cut short due to child minder problems.So I was up before 6, its a day off ffs. got to Boys mums at 7:30 and have just got back.

I shall be turning towards the kettle for the next hour or so and then going to brave the hills. Changed the holey Ralf last night before the planned sesh, i have a balding Hi-Roller on until wed, should make the riding harder going over the sludge, think its going to be 1 wheel spin and 1 move forward.

Kettles boiled, brew time and maybe a quick trip to the butchers for a mahoosive sausage sarnie.

Good morning by the way.
    fly like a mouse, run like a cushion be the small bookcase!
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    Tartanyak wrote:
    Didn't you know? Vegas is closing in 17278 hours!
    good. i think i'll be the only guest going who actually wants to rest and sleep when they get there :oops:
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
    360 Posts: 5,940
    Its cold and miserable here.

Since its monday, im going to mess about on the internet for a bit, maybe read some business magazines and then I've got to take some swedish people to lunch. Sadly there is no ikea close by so they're going to get costa coffee.
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 2,086
    Today I shall mostly be recovering from the past four days of sheer unbridled awesomeness.
  • 360 wrote:
    Its cold and miserable here.

But what's the weather like? :lol:
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    I had one of those weekends where I didn't seem to do much, but ended up more tired on Sunday evening than I was on Friday evening. Got more stuff planned and bought for my trip though I guess.

9 days and 10 hours til I fly out!
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • Kitty
    Kitty Posts: 2,844
    Good Morning

Today shall be spent doing uni work like I do most days, and then working tonight.

Breakfast first though, nom.
  • psymon
    psymon Posts: 1,562
    today is recovery from Llandegla, filling in beaucoup forms and coffee.. Might go and pick up a menu from the resteraunt where i will be having christmas dinner.

first itme in 30 years the folks arent doing a dinner, so we are all off to a resteraunt where i can have fillet steak on christmas day! result. no more carppy turkey.

and coffee.
  • .blitz
    .blitz Posts: 6,197
    Definitely taking it easy today I am on my knees after the weekend
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    .blitz wrote:
    Definitely taking it easy today I am on my knees after the weekend
    Heavy anal session? Sounds nasty.

Today I have a day off work. I'm meant to be really busy, but I can't for the life of me remember what I was meant to be doing.
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    Today I have a day off work. I'm meant to be really busy, but I can't for the life of me remember what I was meant to be doing.
    Heavy anal session?
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    DOH! That's it. Thanks Bails.
  • .blitz
    .blitz Posts: 6,197
    Heavy anal session? Sounds nasty.
    lol
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    i started work at 4.30 this morning and i'm still going. what a sucky monday :(
  • Well,

At work today nursing my slightly batterd chin from face planting yesterday :s definately a bit sore.
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    Afternoon crudders, what a pile of tommy tank today has been so far. I woke up to the ups bloke knocking the door with my replacement printer. I took it straight into the front room to discover my CIS had leaked all it's yellow ink out onto my desk overnight and a, stained it and b, blistered the top of the desk. Was not happy at all. Cheered myself up with some gold bits for my bike but am still feeling meh

could someone tell me the size of the chainring bolts on a shimano m summat or other triple chainset? I want them gold but can't be bothered to measure or look it up so I can order the right ones from pro bolt
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp