Can Altura Event material be repaired.

piker
piker Posts: 353
edited September 2010 in MTB general
Had a bit of an off today and have torn the arm of my Altura attack extreme jacket,gutted is an understatement as it was only the third time i have worn it and was made up with its performance.
Can this material be repaired,if so who does it or are there kits available.

Comments

• I had a damaged Rab Drillium repaired and it's as good as new (performance wise) so the material itself is repairable. Contact Altura directly to see if they offer a similar service.
  • i used stick on puncture repairs on the inside of mine, they've held 6 months and several washes and re proofs.

There is also a company that specializes in goretex/event/ react repairs - usualy see a flyer in Blacks advertising them

HTH
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    The big drawback of Altura is that their distributor support is absolutely gash. Great kit and I have quite a bit of it but warranty support, repairs etc are all substandard. So I doubt they'll fix it for you though can't hurt to try.

I daresay a Goretex repair kit would work though obviously can't swear by that. One of my old goretex jackets has a very high tech fix, a patch of Duck tape applied both inside and out, it's about 5 years since I patched that and it's still spot on (and waterproof!) But that's a bit ugly and does make me look a wee bit like a history teacher.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • piker
    Found this company,does gore tex.Will give them a ring see what they think.
    http://www.tundra-repairs.co.uk/index.php
  • I've used Tundra before and they can repair eVent as well most other waterproof fabrics, they're very helpful but sometimes they can be busy so it can take a while for your kit to come back.

Pretty good repair too. They patched it from inside so you can't really see the damage without gawping at it for ages.
  • piker
    What did they charge,seems like the best option.
  • It was only a small three pointed tear about 5-6mm square, they put a 20mm square patch on the rear, it cost around £20 I think. It's well worth it though. I have got some tape and 'glue' from McNutt, it's available in the UK and it pretty good stuff. I wanted my gtex repaired properly - I didn't want the tear to get worse.