Giant Escape 0 v Boardman Comp

roscoyoung
roscoyoung Posts: 14
edited September 2010 in Commuting general
hi all,

Looking to buy a hybrid (flat bar) and thinking between these two

Giant Escape 0 and a Boardman Comp.

Any thoughts as to what I would be better with? Its for using to and from work (4-5 miles each way). No need for racks as I use a rucksack. Mud guards etc I take it or leave it.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• thel33ter
    thel33ter Posts: 2,684
    I would go for the Boardman as it probably is better specced, and ride nicely.

You should also look at getting a rack, it is a lot more comfortable, and makes the bike look ugly so it is less likely to be nicked.
    And now you know, and knowing is half the battle
    05 Spesh Enduro Expert
    05 Trek 1000 Custom build
    Speedily Singular Thingy
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    If its for 4-5 miles, that is a lot to spend, if you're not doing more than that try the Carrera Gryphon, good VFM at circa £300.

If you intend to do more riding than that commute then by all means spend the extra!

Simon
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Simon
    I've been offered both 2nd hand for around the £300 mark or I would be looking round the Carreras range as your right the price is steep partivuarly when I. Want to pick up a road bike as well
  • moonio
    moonio Posts: 802
    I have the Boardman and its an amazing bike, so fast and smooth to ride..but be careful where you lock it as they are very attractive to thieves...
  • I've the boardman and love it. I would agree with using a rack though over the rucksack- best change I made this summer.
    Mrs Shortyman