Ruthin CRC timing

fuzzy logic
fuzzy logic Posts: 39
edited September 2010 in XC and Enduro
Dose any one know why there isnt a break down of rider time and category this year for the CRC Ruthin Marathon compared to last year? :(

Comments

• I assume they're keen to ensure it's not seen as a race if it's held on public tracks/roads/bridleways and publishing results by category would make it look like a race. There are often insurance implications and legal restrictions if it's promoted as a race which organisers are keen to avoid.

I did the Selkirk one and I know many people do treat it like a race but they didn't publish results by category for that one either. It's the same with most road sportives, many treat them as races but organisers are very careful not to promote them as such. I think last year British Cycling threatened to withdraw insurance for the Highclere Sportive as they were offering prizes which made it appear to be promoted as a race.
  • If you give the organisers a call, they'll provide some more info, but its not published for the reasons that Mark mentions.
    Scott Scale 20 (for xc racing)
    Gary Fisher HKEK (for commuting)
  • trip
    trip Posts: 64
    The finishing times are now up. Unfortunately it doesn't list it by ride length.