That awfull dull feeling in your legs

cheaperholidays
cheaperholidays Posts: 151
edited September 2010 in Road beginners
Hi all

How do you get rid of the awful tired dull no energy feeling in your legs, i have ridden like that hoping i could spin it out - not a good idea

Is it a tiredness thing or lack or carbs in the diet or a mixture of both
We are an online travel agency.

Specialized Sirrus (converting to road bars) - Honda Fireblade.

Comments

• SBezza
    SBezza Posts: 2,173
    I guess it all depends on how much riding you have been doing, what your diet is like etc. Difficult for someone to tell you how, unless they know the full picture.
  • Well so far this week i have completed a hard 60 a 30 a 26 mile trip over the Rhigos plus a 20 yesterday evening flat ish plus a bit of hill work today. The legs were a bit dull this morning.

I took a day off the bike on Wednesday i did intend to do a 80 tomorrow may have to rethink that..

• SBezza
    Perhaps as easy ride is in order :wink:

Your legs will need the recovery at some stage, but you also need to keep your body fuelled. Plenty of stretching after rides as well are a good idea.

Is the weekly mileage you have done this week unusual compared to other weeks.
  • rake
    rake Posts: 3,204
    could be lack of glycogen stores, eat pleanty of carbohydrate not too much protein and try and make sure its low fat. low iron from endurance activities (fairly likely) can cause fatigue and tiredness i once read, dont go mad too much can cause problems. dark meats and salmon :wink: thats by no means it though.
  • sundog
    sundog Posts: 243
    Maybe use some good compression shorts and after each ride lie with your legs up for a bit
    I like white bikes
  • Thanks everyone much appreciated, i think its a case of over doing it, will rest up this week may be drop in a a 20 run on Wednesday, as the event is on Sunday.

Is this the correct thing to do or should i do a few bimbles every day

• SBezza
    No need to stay off the bike all week, you can do a few bimbles, but make sure they are bimbles. What is the event?
  • Its the Autumn Epic 100 miles my first

• I`ve started having 600ml of SIS Re-Go RIGHT after a hard ride (hard for me anyway :wink: ) and the difference next day is noticeable, legs feel a lot better. All to do with the protein content apparently. "For Goodness Shakes" also good.
    Jens says "Shut up legs !! "

Specialized S-Works SaxoBank SL4 Tarmac Di2