Ribble Evo Pro Carbon

bartolli
bartolli Posts: 57
edited September 2010 in Your road bikes
Hi guys,

Just finished building my ribble this week, thought some people might like to see one of the new Evo Pro Carbon frames built up!

Pics:

dsc0448i.jpg

Frame: Ribble Evo Pro Carbon (S)
Forks: Ribble Black Road
Bars: ITM Triango
Stem: ITM Triango Wing
Headset: ITM
Bar Tape: Fizik Microtex

Front Brake Lever: SRAM Red
Front Caliper: SRAM Red
Rear Brake Lever: SRAM Red
Rear Caliper: SRAM Red

Shifters: SRAM Red
Cables: Jagwire
Front Mech: SRAM Red
Rear Mech: SRAM Red

Seat: Fizik Aliante Gamma
Seat Post: ITM Triango
Seat Post Clamp: Ribble

Cranks: SRAM Red 172.5mm
Chainring(s): SRAM Red 53/39
Chain: SRAM 1091
Cassette: SRAM Red 11-28
Pedals: Shimano 105
Bottom Bracket: SRAM Red GXP

Front Wheel: Mavic Ksyrium Elite
Tire: Schwalbe Ultremo R.1

Back Wheel: Mavic Kysrium Elite
Tire: Schwalbe Ultremo R.1

Pretty happy with everything, the bar tape is a bit ropey, I thought the adhesive backing on the fizik tape was impossible to get off! May consider re-wrapping. Also rear brake level seems to not quite return to extended, may have to have a look at cables or rear caliper spring.

Had a quick blast whilst it wasn't raining, and this thing can really climb, feels like it weighs about 2oz.

Comments

• softlad
    softlad Posts: 3,513
    Bartolli wrote:
    Also rear brake level seems to not quite return to extended, may have to have a look at cables or rear caliper spring.

I had a similar problem recently - traced it back to the short section of Jagwire outer that ran to the rear caliper - the Jagwire outer was way too stiff to allow the brake to release properly, no matter what length I tried. Switched back to a standard shimano outer for that section and no more problem.....
  • softlad wrote:
    Bartolli wrote:
    Also rear brake level seems to not quite return to extended, may have to have a look at cables or rear caliper spring.

I had a similar problem recently - traced it back to the short section of Jagwire outer that ran to the rear caliper - the Jagwire outer was way too stiff to allow the brake to release properly, no matter what length I tried. Switched back to a standard shimano outer for that section and no more problem.....

I shall try this, I have a spare section of Dura Ace outer cable.