Hopefully last brake tech question.

patchesuk
patchesuk Posts: 96
edited September 2010 in MTB workshop & tech
Just a quick question.

Attempting to put my saints onto the rear mount of my Iron Horse.

Problem is, the current juicy's are fed in between the rear shock and the frame. How do I get them off and then subsequently feed the saints through? (obviously the caliper & levers won;t fit).

The last time I fiddled with hydralaulics was some HS33's a fair few years back. With them, I could lock of the levers and remove the hosing from the calliper without losing any fluid to allow for feeding. Is this the same with modern day brakes? IE can I do this with the saints?

Surely I shouldn;t be removing hte shock? I kinda figure there must be a way otherwise why would brakes be sold setup.

As ever, any help or tips would be appreciated!

So close to sorting out all of my bike problems!

Thank you.
Clint.
Think I need a bigger Garage.

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    either remove a lever or caliper and then re-bleed. or remove the shock if that will give more space.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • mmm.. that's what I feared would be the answer. Guess it's off the shop to get some fluid and then give that a shot. Thanks for the help!
    Think I need a bigger Garage.
  • patchesuk wrote:
    mmm.. that's what I feared would be the answer. Guess it's off the shop to get some fluid and then give that a shot. Thanks for the help!

If removing the shock will work, surely that is more straightforward?
    Giant Reign X1