Bianchi Infinto Athena

glynr36
glynr36 Posts: 10
edited September 2010 in Your road bikes
My Infinito
Stock apart from I had the cranks swapped for Athena Carbons, and The wheels from Racing 7 to Racing 3.

39336_1320234136210_1541499214_30632937_7245685_n.jpg

Got some White PC Nokons to go on it, and I'm ordering a 3T Bar and Stem come the next payday.

Comments

• gwillis
    gwillis Posts: 998
    lovely though I am biased..... please show us some more pics once you put the upgrades on. Does the crank make much difference?
  • I do have a few better ones taken with the proper camera and not the phone one, but they may be on the laptop which is stuck at work I'll try and sort them out.

Not really sure, I just think it looks a hell of a lot nicer! :D
  • gwillis
    gwillis Posts: 998
    Ive got a few upgrades planned at present. A pair of pro carbon bars with intergrated stem is first then a possible groupset upgrade when funds allow to chorus (the athena going onto another bike). How you finding the F3's mine are slightly out of true on the front. Overall though a really nice ride
  • markyone
    markyone Posts: 1,119
    nice bike i like the colour nearly bought one myself whats it ride like?
    Colnago c60 Eps super record 11
    Pinarello F8 with sram etap
  • lovely bike, i had a hard choice deciding to buy this, but when i made i mind up there was no 61cm size left,

I got a Tarmac Expert in the end, i very happy with it.
  • I find the ride nice, it just flies.
    But it is my first road bike, had it around 5 months now and I love it, wished I'd got one sooner to be honest.
  • Lovely bike. I'm loving the Infinto's and the 2011 Bianchis. I biased, admittedly, but I think that Bianchi are making some of the nicest looking bikes around at the moment, and it seems they have the performance to match.

I'd love an Infinito Athena or a Sempre. I'd better start warming the Mrs up to the idea of another bike in the garage!
  • pickled
    pickled Posts: 439
    I'm waiting for more info om the Sempre. It's a little hard to find at the moment.
    Waiting patiently for a price to emerge!
    Should be similar to the mono-Q since it seems to be replacing that bike.
  • I must admit I'm a bit disappointed at the lack of Campag options on the Sempre, it looks like the only Campag option will be Sempre Veloce.

I don't suppose it makes any difference when the Mrs won't let me have one anyway! :(
  • pickled
    pickled Posts: 439
    I agree. I would prefer Athena.
    But then I think the Sempre is meant to fall in-between the Infinito and the via Nirone price wise.
  • That makes more sense.