Project Planet X Nano Light High Modulus 2010

donnie murdo
donnie murdo Posts: 986
edited September 2010 in Your road bikes
Spec:

Planet X Nano Light Hi-Mod Frame and Forks
Medium Black
Shimano Ultegra 6700 Groupset with Shimano Deore XT SPD pedals (I don't do road shoes!)
Planet X Model B Wheelset with Planet X Ti-Stix Skewers and Maxxis Detonator 23 tyres in grey
Planet X Nanocarbon Stem black 90mm, Planet X spacers, Planet X Strada 42cm Bar, Fizik bar tape in silver
FSA SL-K 31.6 Inline Seatpost with Fizik Arione saddle in silver, Planet X seatbolt for Nanolight
Planet X Superlight Carbon bottle cage gloss black

262oyti.jpg

1izw8w.jpg

35d16s2.jpg

With its fellow Planet X Pro Road Titanium stable mate:

2njez5c.jpg

Comments

• gmb
    gmb Posts: 456
    Lovely. But I like the Ti even better!
    Trying Is The First Step Towards Failure

De Rosa Milanino :-
    http://i851.photobucket.com/albums/ab78 ... -00148.jpg
  • Thanks GMB

I agree! However, the Ti is Sunday best and the Nanolight is just weekday workwear ;)

Still, very pleased with it even if it is a dreaded Planet X*. Rode it down a steep downhill with a poor road surface at full tilt on an unlit country road at night on its maiden voyage and never felt any jitter etc just solid and sure with assured and powerful acceleration that would give the Ti short shrift.

Good bike IMO but what the f£ck do I know?

*For the record I see nothing wrong with PX but then again refer to the statement above if you disagree.
  • gmb
    gmb Posts: 456
    I really wasn't keen on the new logo but I'm beginning to warm to it. I think it looks excellent on your Nanolight and I hadn't realised it ran across the top tube too. The photos on PX's website don't do the bike justice.

I've got an SL Pro at the moment (see (Yet another) Planet X SL Pro post on this forum) and I'll definitely be getting a nanolight (or a Ti road if the Gods are smiling) as my next bike. The people who knock these bikes on this forum don't seem to be exactly riding exotic custom builds themselves :roll:
    Trying Is The First Step Towards Failure

De Rosa Milanino :-
    http://i851.photobucket.com/albums/ab78 ... -00148.jpg
  • gwillis
    gwillis Posts: 998
    Im a Planet X fan but always think the front end (stem and bars ) look a little awkward . I cant put my finger ob it exactly, however DM yours looks spot on and I like the silver it sets the frame off really well
  • max888
    max888 Posts: 206
    Im a Planet X fan but always think the front end (stem and bars ) look a little awkward . I cant put my finger ob it exactly, however DM yours looks spot on and I like the silver it sets the frame off really well

I know, the stem HAS to be flipped RIGHT way round!!! :evil:
  • gwillis
    gwillis Posts: 998
    I think its more to do with the PX frames looking small and the handlebars looking too big on some ive seen. A mate has one with FSA compacts and it look lovely
  • Thanks for the positive feedback it is appreciated. The stem is an either/or and is flipped the RIGHT way round for me as I don't need to get too low as it is not for racing and I like a more upright position. I do need to cut the steerer down some more and remove a few mm of spacers from underneath and have the top cap flush with the stem but otherwise it is perfect for me and that is what matters at the end of the day.
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    Is that duck tape on the bars?
  • Eh? No, it's not duck tape (is that a wee joke?)

It is Fizik microtex bar tape in silver to match the saddle and other matt silver elements of the bike.
  • nferrar
    nferrar Posts: 2,511
    Nice, would prefer a more subtle logo option personally and your bars seem to be tilted up so look a bit odd (and yeah the steerer needs a trim ;) ) but you certainly get a lot of bike for your money
  • nferrar,
    The photos were taken pre-first ride so not properly set up. The bars are now tilted to a level position. I agree on the logo graphics front, I don't mind the downtube ones but I am not mad on the top tube PlanetX logo or the 920G on the seat-tube although in the flesh it does look better than my indoor shots and I really like the forks and seat stays.
    As it was a build I have no idea of the overall total but £800 for the frameset with headset
    seems like very good value to me.