Trust halfords....

sm72
sm72 Posts: 7
edited September 2010 in The bottom bracket
My company finally agree to cycle to work and what do halfords do? Up the bike i was thinking of to £1199! Sureley they should keep it at a grand seems as they know thats the limit for c2w?...T*ss*rs

Comments

• Bobbinogs
    Bobbinogs Posts: 4,841
    Might be worth giving it a few weeks and then shopping around the Halford stores by phone. They often raise prices in one store so that they can announce a "sale" a month later. All retailers do this little trick and hopefully you will be able to get what you want at the original price. Good luck.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    If you are talking about the Boardman Team then unfortunately that's a permanent rise. ChrisB announced it himself saying that the manuf costs had increased a while ago and they had been delaying the price increase for some time...
  • hounslow
    hounslow Posts: 153
    Bobbinogs wrote:
    Might be worth giving it a few weeks and then shopping around the Halford stores by phone. They often raise prices in one store so that they can announce a "sale" a month later. All retailers do this little trick and hopefully you will be able to get what you want at the original price. Good luck.
    halfords change prices in all the stores, and list the previous prices and dates they were at that price on the ticket. its very clear and open, not a trick.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    sm72 wrote:
    My company finally agree to cycle to work and what do halfords do? Up the bike i was thinking of to £1199! Sureley they should keep it at a grand seems as they know thats the limit for c2w?...T*ss*rs

A couple of weeks ago, if you said you go the C2W scheme for the Boardman at £999, they were letting it go for that price.

Might be worth ringing them and explaining your situation
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    It seems like Team Carbon sales have been spectacularly successful, and I presume Halfords & Boardman know what percentage of the sales are C2W. I can only assume they are willing to do without the sales for the sake of profit margin.
  • morstar
    morstar Posts: 6,190
    hounslow wrote:
    Bobbinogs wrote:
    halfords change prices in all the stores, and list the previous prices and dates they were at that price on the ticket. its very clear and open, not a trick.

It is a trick. Consumer law forced all retailers to clarify the original price to make it more transparent though. They all do it, not just Halfords
  • beverick
    beverick Posts: 3,461
    morstar wrote:
    hounslow wrote:
    Bobbinogs wrote:

It is a trick. Consumer law forced all retailers to clarify the original price to make it more transparent though. They all do it, not just Halfords

The fact that they only have to ADVERTISE one item at a single store for a minimum period is, of course, where the con comes in.

Just ask the supermarkets.

Bob
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Did anyone actually read my post?
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 3,949
    NapoleonD wrote:

I did wonder that....probably not is my guess.
  • skyd0g
    skyd0g Posts: 2,540
    Will Halfords (or C2W scheme) allow you to pay the extra in cash?
    Cycling weakly
  • jim453
    jim453 Posts: 1,360
    NapoleonD wrote:

No one reads anyone's posts. Why should you be any different?
  • skyd0g wrote:
    Will Halfords (or C2W scheme) allow you to pay the extra in cash?

No! I asked and they won't allow it. I even asked Leisure Lakes, who are one of their suppliers where you can go to spend your voucher, and they said no as well.
    Limited Edition Boardman Team Carbon No. 448
    Boardman MTB Team
  • Cycle to work scheme is dead in the water after the recent changes. You could probably save more money by doing a deal with the shop and buying it yourself.
  • I've heard there's been some changes to the C2W scheme. What's the changes? As for the OP I would keep an eye on the sales but I don't think they'll come down as they sell quite well.
    If suffer we must, let's suffer on the heights. (Victor Hugo).