plated collarbones....

M1llh0use
M1llh0use Posts: 863
edited September 2010 in Health, fitness & training
due to a monumental fcukup i managed to break both wrists and my left coallarbone 6 weeks ago. All on the mend but with added metalwork. wrists are aching but generally gettting much better.

Question is to anyone that's had a collarbone plated...

Do you always feel the metalwork on the inside? or does it feel the same as before after a while?
{insert smartarse comment here}

Comments

• Frodo1095
    Frodo1095 Posts: 252
    Havent had a plated collarbone but do have screws and plates in my ankle and leg.

Dont notice them on a day to day, but can feel them if I run my finger over them.
    Only thing I do notice is that leg/ankle tends to feel the cold a lot easier.
  • turpinr
    turpinr Posts: 255
    i had a plated collarbone in 2003.a piece of my right hip was grafted onto my right collarbone with a piece of titanium and 7 stainless steel screws,
    no problems at all
  • I suffered a shoulder seperation and although I didn't get a plate, they did tie my collarbone in place with a bit of absorbable cord. I don't really notice it a year on but feel the cold from where the end of my collarbone was saw off in the op.

Hope you get better and get riding asap.
    Specialized Epic
    Specialized Enduro
    Specialzied Transition
  • My collarbone was plated, screwed, graphed 2 yrs ago, I can always feel it but it doesn't hurt or ache, just feels a bit different. I have no problems with it at all now except in bed if I lie on my side I have to push my shoulder underneath or it hurts then. I found up to @ 1yr post op if I didn't do the most basic physio activities for a week, I couldn't do silly things like throw a bag onto the passengers seat in the car. Do your physio even if it's just with a cheap 3kg handweight from Argos at home! :)

Just broken my soddin leg, when I grow up I'm going to be a robot!! It's not the breaking that hurts it's the not being able to play!

Hope you're fixed soon!
    Karen x