Litespeed Siena (Updated 120910)

2»

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Is the profile of the bars round? And how stiff are they? I had a pair of carbon Eastons a while back which felt like they were made of jelly!

They are round but with moulded sections to fit your hand.

They are plenty stiff enough for me...
  • Lagavulin
    Lagavulin Posts: 1,688
    Are those the new 320tpi Open Paves Nap' D?
  • Anonymous
    Lagavulin wrote:
    Are those the new 320tpi Open Paves Nap' D?

Yes...

Very pleased!
  • Lagavulin
    Tempted to buy a set. Looking at a CAAD9 Ultegra and think the new Paves will clash less with the Liquigas green than the stash of the 290s I have with their funky green shoulders. New ones definitely look less bling though.
  • Aye, it's a real shame them switched the back and green about. :( Don't know what I'm going to do when I need to replace my current Open Pavés.
  • freehub
    freehub Posts: 4,257
    I was thinking of getting Open Paves after my Rubino Pro's have worn out and then the couple of weeks use I'd get in Mcr from Open Corsas before they get destroyed, but they look abit ugly now the colours have been switched, maybe it'd grow on me though.
  • Anonymous
    They suit your bike perfectly Will...
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    freehub wrote:
    I was thinking of getting Open Paves after my Rubino Pro's have worn out and then the couple of weeks use I'd get in Mcr from Open Corsas before they get destroyed, but they look abit ugly now the colours have been switched, maybe it'd grow on me though.

Would you like some Carbon fibre handlebars and a carbon fibre stem too?
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • Lagavulin
    White Line wrote:
    Aye, it's a real shame them switched the back and green about. :( Don't know what I'm going to do when I need to replace my current Open Pavés.
    freehub wrote:
    ...Ithey look abit ugly now the colours have been switched...
    Precisely. They probably think it is a good idea to have the black, higher carbon content on the shoulders for pointless stuff like grip. Don't they realise it interferes with pimping your ride. :P

Still, I had my first crash on Saturday morning - since taking up road cycling in September 2006 - having lost the front (running a 290tpi Open-Pave CG upfront :wink:) but they've not given up so many times caning it around corners I just thought "diesel", picked myself up and continued. They're great tyres and even at £36 a pop on Wiggle I'm tempted to buy again.
  • Lagavulin wrote:
    They probably think it is a good idea to have the black, higher carbon content on the shoulders for pointless stuff like grip. Don't they realise it interferes with pimping your ride. :P
    Doesn't a high carbon content mean a longer life; therefore less grip? :?
    Lagavulin wrote:
    ... having lost the front (running a 290tpi Open-Pave CG upfront.
    Funny that. I've had three punctures on my front Open Pavé and none on my back one. :lol:
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    NapoleonD wrote:
    New Bar and stem fitted -

ZippBars2.jpg

ZippBars3.jpg

Nice way of invalidating the Easton warranty there Alex :wink:
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • Anonymous
    Oh no!

You'd better tell the BMC Racing team as well then.

And in fact BMC themselves who appear to do the same in their brochures.

And Sabbath.

And Lapierre.

There is actually nearly 10mm between the clamp bolt and the top of the steerer.
  • CarbonCopy
    CarbonCopy Posts: 492
    When youv`e sold this frame Nap what will you be buying to replace it???.Me wonders.
  • Anonymous
    CAAD9, that fits...

This is a tiny bit too big for me.

Oh, and my stem has moved down and has spacers above it now, purely because that's what Adrian did to make it fit better when I had my fit on it at http://www.cadencesport.co.uk...
  • Anonymous
    Updated Pimped up pic. New Ultegra chainset, back to Thomson X2 stem, Thomson Masterpiece post, 3T Ergonova bars, Ti bockle cages, etc etc etc.

Fallen back in love with it!

LitespeedZipps.jpg
  • salsarider79
    salsarider79 Posts: 828
    I think I can help with the wheels. There Mavic. Hope that helps :wink:
    jedster wrote:
    Just off to contemplate my own mortality and inevitable descent into decrepedness.
    FCN 3 or 4 on road depending on clothing
    FCN 8 off road because I'm too old to go racing around.
  • Anonymous
    Updated again (shown with random winter wheels)

Now with full Sram Red, FSA K-Force carbon compact bars, Spesh Toupe saddle, Jagwire Cables.

LSRed1.jpg

LSRed2.jpg
  • gwillis
    gwillis Posts: 998
    loving the compact bars and the bike has really clean lines..... too good to get wet Nap D :wink:
  • Anonymous
    Just taken it for a 50 miler, including 30 miles on club chaingang.

Did my best ever 1hr, 20 second and 10 second power outputs :o

Freakin' awesome ride! Dunno why I tried selling it now!