Training for next years TT's

martin56
martin56 Posts: 213
edited September 2010 in Training, fitness and health
When is the best time to start training for next years Time Trials. What training schedule would anyone recommend.....Ta
Still going at fifty!But for how mutch longer

Comments

• SBezza
    SBezza Posts: 2,173
    You can start training anytime to be honest.

I personally would spend time getting a very good base to work from, and then early next year start doing threshold intervals, and then nearer you first events, start doing Vo2Max intervals. Training for short distance TT's would be different to long distance TT's, it depends on what you want to do.

A training schedule ideally should be built around you, rather than what other riders do, so it is very difficult to even suggest a particular schedule without knowing your aims, available training hours, how dedicated to training you would be.
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    I'm about to start training for 2012 TT's :oops:
  • A lot of people think that doing base training at this time of year (which is correct) is instead of other forms of training. Good quality low intensity base training is important as it tends to wane off towards the end of the competition phase, but don't allow your other training to expire because of it. It is a shift in balance over the course of the off season as you aproach the on season, but it should never be a binary system of base now, intensity later.
    If you were building from nothing it would be different but I am assuming that you are coming off one season and moving into the next in which case work on your base, but keep up with your speed, power and intervals as well.
  • martin56 wrote:
    When is the best time to start training for next years Time Trials.
    About 2 or 3 years ago.
    IOW, now. Unless you are absolutely smashed and need a break.
    martin56 wrote:
    What training schedule would anyone recommend.....Ta
    One that's designed for you. :wink: