CrudCatcher Ride @ Lee Quarry Sat 18th Sept

cat_with_no_tail
cat_with_no_tail Posts: 12,981
edited October 2010 in MTB rides
Richie63 and Myself will be heading to Lee Quarry next Saturday (the 18th)

Should be there around 11:00-11:30 if anyone fancies it (depending on if my boat actually arrives in L'pool on time).

It's going to be Rad-gnar-core and Sick to the max. So come on down and we'll feed off each other. :lol:

There will also be cake, kindly provided by my wife. :D

Comments

• Whytepeak
    Whytepeak Posts: 2,616
    Sounds good Cat With No Tail, you heading over to Cragg Quarry aswell?
    Now that we are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak and not to please ourselves. ROMANS 15:1
  • chedabob
    chedabob Posts: 1,133
    If my bruises have healed from Llandegla, I'm up for it.
  • No idea mate, I've never been before and Richie has only been once. I hear there is a loop you can do that includes cragg, but I have no idea if it's well marked out, or takes a bit of local knowledge to find.

From what I can make out, Lee Quarry is pretty short, but with loads of different lines to take and different little black bits and skills areas and such. I have heard that looping it with Cragg makes for a more varied day out though. Although I have no idea what Cragg is like.

You go there often Whytepeak?

If any Lee Quarry regulars fancy being a guide for the day I have no problems with that. I am mainly going just do dlck around all day though, rather than do any "serious" riding.
  • Whytepeak
    Not exactly my local, but I bet I ride there more than anywhere else... though most of that is racing.

Lee Quarry is certainly a great place for messing around, and the marked trails are so technical and short that you'll want to repeat or session them anyway I think... small drops and jumps all over the place. :D

Cragg quarry is a bit of a hike away, I've only done this once, but the trail there is very nice, if you get tyred of pinch punctures (hehe), then the smooth trail there would be a good addition, nice flowy trail.
    Now that we are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak and not to please ourselves. ROMANS 15:1
  • Fair enough. See what it's like on the day then.

How does the trail hold up in bad weather?
  • Whytepeak
    The trail is fine in the rain, doesn't get muddy or owt thanks to the rocky trail surface, though that can be slippy when wet.
    Other than that it may be the wind that bothers you most, it's pretty exposed up in the quarry, so take some layers :wink: .
  • altern_8
    altern_8 Posts: 1,562
    if you grab a copy of this months mbr,its featured in there,tells you where to park and a idea how to link both up,as far as im aware,there isnt any signposts up yet linking the two.
  • This months WMB also have a 6+ page article on Lee Quarry and Cragg Quarry too. They suggest some short loops, longer loops and a link up loop between both the quarries. Looks good - im sure you will have a great day out- and remember POIDH! :)
  • Awesome, thanks for the tips. :D

Will pop out and buy WMB later.
  • So far then, all being well it's:

Richie63
    Whytepeak
    Chedabob
    Pastey Boy
    CWNT

Do feel free to come on down if you're not doing anything else, it's supposed to be a pretty nice day too.
  • jay12
    jay12 Posts: 6,306
    put me on the maybe list. it depends on a few things: if i go llandegla on the day, if i want to go 4x at harthill or delamere. also need to talk to Whytepeak about trains and stuff. apparently after checking it's £7.95 return for the train which is pretty good but it also take about 2 hours of being on the train :? . anyway i'll try to let you know

also what time would we finish?
  • Dunno, I've got to be back in Liverpool for about half 6 though.
  • jay12
    Dunno, I've got to be back in Liverpool for about half 6 though.
    that would be all right then i reckon
  • jay12
    i'm going llandegla now, i have a chance to see what the new black section is like
  • Fair enough. You couldn't have come anyway as you never returned your permission slip from your mum :lol:

:wink:

Enjoy 'degla!
  • Richie63
    Richie63 Posts: 2,132
    jay12 wrote:
    i'm going llandegla now, i have a chance to see what the new black section is like

Come to Lee Quarry- saturday have a great day out with the boys
    Watch the LLandegla new section on video( at home ) sat night

Better day out altogether

We'll arange a trip to Llandegla later
    I'm going to blow the bank on a new build ( within reason ) NOW DONE!!
    http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss14 ... 010362.jpg
  • Whytepeak
    Richie63 wrote:
    jay12 wrote:

Plus 1 love of quarry goodness... come to Lee Quarry Jay, it'll be totally worth your while... (how convincing can you get eh...)
  • Whytepeak wrote:
    Richie63 wrote:
    jay12 wrote:

Plus 1 love of quarry goodness... come to Lee Quarry Jay, it'll be totally worth your while... (how convincing can you get eh...)

As the supervising adult, I feel it's my place to point out there will be no monkey business between you two. I remember what it's like as a young boy, hormones raging.

Don't make me make you wait in the car!
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    i wish i could get up there this weekend, it does look awsome up there. :(
  • welshkev wrote:

Get Ben to drive you up for some petrol money, damned dirty ape.

UPDATE:

Mrs CWNT has now finished making the cakes, and the sausage rolls are in the oven!

Probably going to be closer to 11:30 when we get there now because my stupid ferry is down to 3 out of 4 engines so the crossing is 30mins longer.

Weather is looking pretty good too.

Good times! :D
  • Whytepeak
    Whytepeak wrote:
    Richie63 wrote:
    jay12 wrote:

As the supervising adult, I feel it's my place to point out there will be no monkey business between you two. I remember what it's like as a young boy, hormones raging.

Don't make me make you wait in the car!

No car can hold me! (most of then you can unlock from the inside :wink: )
  • jay12
    welshkev wrote:

Get Ben to drive you up for some petrol money, damned dirty ape.

UPDATE:

Mrs CWNT has now finished making the cakes, and the sausage rolls are in the oven!
    ok i'm going...

lol seriously though i think i might have to as it's only a bit of teh black section where as this is a new place. just need to sort out the train and the times with whytepeak
  • Whytepeak
    Did someone say cake? :roll:

Jay, that a boy, there's nowt like lee quarry (atleast not to my knowledge), totally different to you're average trail centre. Good choice.
  • jay12
    Whytepeak wrote:

Jay, that a boy, there's nowt like lee quarry (atleast not to my knowledge), totally different to you're average trail centre. Good choice.
    now tell me the exact times and train stations please?!
  • Whytepeak
    jay12 wrote:
    Whytepeak wrote:

Alright alright!

Heres something to entertain you while you wait... I'll message you tonight with the info right?

http://www.imagewhiz.co.uk/lee_quarry_v ... uarry.html
  • jay12
    Whytepeak wrote:
    jay12 wrote:
    Whytepeak wrote:

Alright alright!

Heres something to entertain you while you wait... I'll message you tonight with the info right?

http://www.imagewhiz.co.uk/lee_quarry_v ... uarry.html
    ok cheers mate
  • Whytepeak
    Me and Jay will meet you all in the car park... we should be there before you so you'll see us. (Two yoofs on bikes)
  • jay12
    see you all there old men
  • jay12 wrote:
    see you all there old men

Don't forget your thermal vest young man. And remember, if the bigger boys are playing too rough, just walk away.
    and if anyone has drugs, JUST SAY NO!
  • This is the only reason I wish i wasn't going back to uni this weekend!

Have fun guys!
    MmmBop

Go big or go home.