blinged up boardman carbon ltd

darrybuncan
darrybuncan Posts: 42
edited September 2010 in Your road bikes
[1]NEWBARS/STEM=cinelli ram /[2]ambrosio carbon effect brakes /[3]WHEELS-gipiemme 716 white! [4]FSA CARBON CHAINSET-54/39,titanium bb/ [5]giant carbon seatpost,sprayed white/ []6]fizik arione saddle. pics at http://s751.photobucket.com/home/darrybuncan/index any comments gratefully received,i have thick skin!help with putting up pics,gratefully received as well.i am a LUDDITE.

Comments

• Scrumple
    Scrumple Posts: 2,665
    blimeythatisafairbittogetyourheadroundandworkoutwhatisonitandwhichbiteverythingis

just press return a few more times and you have cracked it.
  • rake
    rake Posts: 3,204
    edited September 2010
    4974412984_d0dfdf0a94_b.jpg
  • rake-much obliged.feel so stupid i wasn't able to do that1could you pm me as to how its done,cheers baz
  • Close, but the black bar tape and seat...mmmm not going to win bling with that. Also, the bike should be pictured drive side so we can see the bling rear mech etc...
    jedster wrote:
    Just off to contemplate my own mortality and inevitable descent into decrepedness.
    FCN 3 or 4 on road depending on clothing
    FCN 8 off road because I'm too old to go racing around.
  • black bar tape,is actually black carbon effect.i thought that it would contrast against the rest of the white.i have a white fizik arione,but that is on my scott plasma ltd tt bike.the one on the boardman,is my most comfortable saddle,that goes onto every new bike i purchase.re the pic,i have a photo on flickr of the drive side ,but am too thick to workout how to upload it!the mech is as came on the bike,it will suffice for now.maintaining 6 bikes is hard on the pocket.keep the comments coming,any constructive always welcome.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    keep the comments coming,any constructive always welcome.

Use the space bar more.
  • +1 :roll:
    jedster wrote:
    Just off to contemplate my own mortality and inevitable descent into decrepedness.
    FCN 3 or 4 on road depending on clothing
    FCN 8 off road because I'm too old to go racing around.
  • guys ,i meant about the bike,not my lack on computer skills.
  • Anonymous
    edited September 2010
    Remove pump from frame. Remove saddle bag from bike.

Back pockets matey, back pockets. :D

Beautiful bike by the way, I think the colour scheme works brilliantly, hot summers day, black tarmac and rolling fields, screaming round on thet beast would be excellent. You will have to go fast by the way, you cannot go slow on a bit of Gucci like you have. :D
  • softlad
    softlad Posts: 3,513
    less is more.. ;)
  • amaferanga
    amaferanga Posts: 6,789
    Sorry, too much white for my tastes. And black in the wrong places. I think it'd look a million times better with all black wheels and finishing kit. I've yet to see a bike with white rims that hasn't looked a bit try-hard.

Looks like the sort of bike you only ever see on sportives with a cyclist dressed all in white as well. :wink:
    More problems but still living....
  • freehub
    freehub Posts: 4,257
    God damn I think I've gone blind.
  • EKIMIKE
    EKIMIKE Posts: 2,232
    That's a properly bling, cable-tied on rear light you've got there.
  • amaferanga wrote:
    Sorry, too much white for my tastes. And black in the wrong places. I think it'd look a million times better with all black wheels and finishing kit. I've yet to see a bike with white rims that hasn't looked a bit try-hard.

Looks like the sort of bike you only ever see on sportives with a cyclist dressed all in white as well. :wink:

+1
    Trek Madone 4.5 2010
    Kona Lava Dome 1997
  • PhilA
    PhilA Posts: 26
    How have you managed to afford so many bikes with written English like that?!

:)
  • DON'T JUDGE A BOOK BY IT'S COVER.WE DON'T SPEAK ENGLISH OVER THE BORDER, HERE WE SPEAK THE TRUTH.THANKS FOR YET ANOTHER CONSTRUCTIVE POSTING.
  • softlad
    softlad Posts: 3,513
    which border..?
  • rake
    rake Posts: 3,204
    the best bike for the money imo.
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    Come on chaps. I like seeing everyone's bike. Don't put people off by criticising their posts.
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • Anonymous
    Fair one aggie, gorgeous bike and edited post. :D
  • EKIMIKE wrote:
    That's a properly bling, cable-tied on rear light you've got there.

Sure thats not his Cadence sensor by his BB your talking about matey! really nice bike though, least you would be seen on the road.

I use a cut down bottle to put all my odds and sods in and my pump and food in my back pocket, saves on seat bags I find if the velcro comes loose it wrecks your tights
    Helmand Province is such a nice place.....
  • Anonymous
    Nope, there's defo a cable tied light on there angled to point at aeroplanes and little else.
  • Oh right, seen it now! I guess each to there own, thats the copper in you comming out, still a nice bike though, would love to see a set of Lightweights with the white spokes on it....
    Helmand Province is such a nice place.....
  • lemoncurd
    lemoncurd Posts: 1,428
    You've over-egged it.