Farking dogs (or their owners)!

BigJimmyB
BigJimmyB Posts: 1,302
edited September 2010 in The bottom bracket
Picked my bike up to chuck it over a fence last night (night ride), brough my gloved finger up to scratch inside of nostril (irritated by sweat) - presto! dogshoot right up the nose.

a mile back to the van and tissues - not good.

Why oh why can't people clear up after their bl00dy dogs?

Comments

• finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    +1 - dog poo can be a serious health hazard and this should be reflected in the punishment.
  • guinea
    guinea Posts: 1,177
    Yup.

Dogs are a menace and the owners are usually worse.
  • Thats horrific. You shouldnt snort excrement.

Seriously though, I own a dog (and a bike). Never leave the house without 2 bags - REALLY peeses me off when other people let their mutts cack all over the place. Never mind parking wardens, there should be dog slop wardens.
    Giant Rapid 3
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    guinea wrote:
    Yup.

But you don't like to generalise, right?

Prick.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    Thats horrific. You shouldnt snort excrement.

Seriously though, I own a dog (and a bike). Never leave the house without 2 bags - REALLY peeses me off when other people let their mutts cack all over the place. Never mind parking wardens, there should be dog slop wardens.
    Not difficult, is it? Although I generally just take one for the dog, the bike's better trained
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,242
    Ben6899 wrote:
    guinea wrote:
    Yup.

Prick.

Maybe that comment wasn't a generalisation.

Maybe it was aimed specifically at you. :wink:.

I hate dogs. I also hate the "oh but my dog is different" pitch.
  • Not difficult, is it? Although I generally just take one for the dog, the bike's better trained[/quote]

The other ones for me!
    Giant Rapid 3
  • I hate dogs. I also hate the "oh but my dog is different" pitch.

My dog hates you n all
    Giant Rapid 3
  • rick_chasey

My dog hates you n all

Hence my hatred.

Been bitten too many times.
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    Ben6899 wrote:
    guinea wrote:
    Yup.

Prick.

Maybe that comment wasn't a generalisation.

Maybe it was aimed specifically at you. :wink:.

Maybe you're right. I'd actually prefer that to be honest... generalisations are lazy and ignorant.

But some dog owners are responsible, carry bags and don't let them shite everywhere. And some dogs are well trained so won't run after cyclists.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • Ollieda
    Ollieda Posts: 1,010

and who has used that......I've never heard it before.

It's not a case of the dog but its the owner, they need to be able to train their dog properly and be prepared for the dog to go...even well trained dogs go when their not supposed to
  • My dog has NEVER crapped outside of our back garden but i know plenty of bloody cats that shit in mine!!
    Riding a Merida FLX Carbon Team D Ultralite Nano from Mike at Ace Ultra Cycles, Wednesfield, Wolverhampton 01902 725444
  • louthepoo wrote:
    My dog has NEVER crapped outside of our back garden but i know plenty of bloody cats that shoot in mine!!

Stick em in a wheelie bin..little blighters
    Giant Rapid 3
  • louthepoo wrote:
    My dog has NEVER crapped outside of our back garden but i know plenty of bloody cats that shoot in mine!!

lol your dog isn't scaring away the cats

Tiny_Baby_Kitten.jpg
    Say... That's a nice bike..
    Trax T700 with Lew Racing Pro VT-1 ;-)
  • Bunneh
    Bunneh Posts: 1,329
    My cat's weird. She never used the neighbours gardens when she used to go out, she much prefered to wander over to my compost bin and crap/pee in that. She uses a litter now as I prefer her not to crap in other peoples' gardens; unless it's the grumpy punt a few doors up.

Dogs are not e menace when handled by a responsible owner.
  • Just got a puppy, named Ben and I can walk him for blxxdy miles, get back home and he'll crap in the back yard. Now thats a well trained dog :D
    'Collapse the Light into Earth'
  • antfly
    antfly Posts: 3,276
    I know someone who lost an eye because of dog poo.
    Not funny but true.
    Smarter than the average bear.
  • dilemna
    dilemna Posts: 2,187
    I saw an old woman with her trousers round her ankles bent double having a number two beside a path in my manor that goes through a copse next to the golf course and leads to the shops. Not surprising really as all the farking dog owners let their mutts cack along the same stretch as well. It smells fooking awful!!!! Makes me want to puke some days :oops: . If there is an exception to banning hand guns this is it. Mutts out of control or cacking anywhere other than on their owner's land should risk being shot.
    Life is like a roll of toilet paper; long and useful, but always ends at the wrong moment. Anon.
    Think how stupid the average person is.......
    half of them are even more stupid than you first thought.
  • Our pup wont go anywhere outside the back garden. Even so, whenever we walk him anywhere we take a bag or two (to be honest I don't think I have a jacket that doesn't have a ready supply in the pocket since we got him).

As others have said, it's not difficult and makes everyones life more pleasant!
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • Homer J
    Homer J Posts: 920
    louthepoo wrote:

My cat craps in other peoples gardens, but he does have the decency to bury it :wink:
  • I have a big dog and it could shoot for England. I always take enough bags to fit in your average weekly shop.

What irritates me is the lack of poo bins. They remove them as they get vandalised. Talk about ignoring the real problem of ASBO sh1t heads

The other day I was on the promenade biking to work and a blokes dog had a crap behind a wall, so I turned round to tell him as i had a sneaky suspicion he might have seen it so I told him and he set off to pick it up , 30 seconds later back on my way i looked over my shoulder and the sneaky cnut had thrown a dummy and turned straight back round and left the steaming turd behind

Half of me wanted to go get it and throw it at him then beat him with his own severed arm People shouldn't own dogs if they don't want to pick crap up ffs

£1.25 for sign up http://www.quidco.com/user/491172/42301

Cashback on wiggle,CRC,evans follow the link
    http://www.topcashback.co.uk/ref/MTBkarl
  • flipp
    flipp Posts: 52
    as long as owners clear up the mess and dispose of it properly there should not be a problem.I like taking my dog running while I ride my bike in some local woods and if she doe's go no'2 while we're out it is cleared up and put in 1 of the 4 dog waste bins along the foot paths.Just glad I don't live in France as while I was out there for a week I saw 3 men crap in the streets,which was then just left ! don't blame the dogs they don't know the limits of hygene that society has ,it is the owners reponsability.
  • antfly
    antfly Posts: 3,276
    If the aliens landed today and saw humans walking behind dogs, picking their crap up and wiping their arses who would they think was in charge?
    Smarter than the average bear.
  • rick_chasey
    flipp wrote:
    as long as owners clear up the mess and dispose of it properly there should not be a problem.I like taking my dog running while I ride my bike in some local woods and if she doe's go no'2 while we're out it is cleared up and put in 1 of the 4 dog waste bins along the foot paths.Just glad I don't live in France as while I was out there for a week I saw 3 men crap in the streets,which was then just left ! don't blame the dogs they don't know the limits of hygene that society has ,it is the owners reponsability.

Some animals bury their sh!t. Like humans. It's not about hygene in society, it's just about hygene.
  • flipp wrote:

Some animals bury their sh!t. Like humans. It's not about hygene in society, it's just about hygene.

Generally ones with a good reason to do so. Those that don't wish to be detected by prey (like cats).
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • Bunneh
    Bunneh Posts: 1,329
    Indeed, cats bury their crap so not to give their scent away to predators. If you ever watch a cat before it takes a dump it digs vigorously into the ground (or litter in my cat's case), then drops its cargo and covers it. I told my neighbours to chase my cat out of their gardens if she started pooping there, but did warn them not to throw things at her. I did supply one of them with a water pistole to squirt her with if they caught her.
  • mroli
    mroli Posts: 3,622
    I always pick up my dog's poo. Of course this has led to me having to use a crisp packet and a large plane leaf before when I forgot bags. Result = I never forget bags now.
  • shm_uk
    shm_uk Posts: 683

My dog hates you n all

Hence my hatred.

(If you've been bitten that many times, maybe it's not the dogs that cause the problem...)

On the subject of dog poop, I suspect most people don't consider it necessary to clear up after their dog when in open countryside, whereas in public areas like parks (where there are usually signs up re. dog mess, & maybe bins provided) dog-owners are more aware of keeping the area clean.

As in all walks of life, the majority of people are responsible, but there's a minority who are lazy/inconsiderate/don't care ... human nature I'm afraid ... just like there are some cyclists who ride inconsiderately ...
  • rick_chasey
    shm_uk wrote:

My dog hates you n all

Hence my hatred.

(If you've been bitten that many times, maybe it's not the dogs that cause the problem...)

Really? I'm not the one going around biting dogs.

• Really? I'm not the one going around biting dogs.

Nah, wouldn't reccomend it anyway, they just taste like chicken..
    Giant Rapid 3