Aftermarket Poplock lever?

XCMark
XCMark Posts: 55
edited September 2010 in MTB workshop & tech
Does anyone make an aftermarket poploc lever that will fit my '09 Sids? The RS stock one is an awkward shape and the only place i can get it on my bars makes it awkward to use. Thanks.

Comments

• njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    Have you tried a Pushloc?

Some weight weenies use a Poploc as a LH shifter with a vague degree of success, you may be able to use a modified Deore LH shifter or something.
  • Pushlock might be worth a look, thanks.
  • njee20
    Or X-Loc if you're in the market for some new top end forks, that fits onto a Matchmaker style clamp.
  • I'm looking for a new poplock for my manitou minutes.

I want one that doesn't have to be mounted on the bars if possible, I have quite narrow bars, and the bar mount part won't even fit on my bars.

Is there a chance to get a poplock to mount on my stem, or possibly on the frame somewhere?
  • njee20
    Why not just use a crown mounted lockout!?
  • jairaj
    jairaj Posts: 3,009
    ei, the whole point of remote lockout levers etc is that you don't have to take your hands off the bars at all. If you are moving your hands to press a frame mounted remote why not just move your hand to a crown mounted lockout?
  • jairaj wrote:
    ei, the whole point of remote lockout levers etc is that you don't have to take your hands off the bars at all. If you are moving your hands to press a frame mounted remote why not just move your hand to a crown mounted lockout?

I know, but I would prefer to not have to bend over while on the move, a frame mount would work perfect for my needs. Shit even a stem mount one would be amazing. The main problem is I now have no space on my bars for a lock mount.