Wheels upgrade

mobilis
mobilis Posts: 65
edited September 2010 in Road buying advice
Ι have a Bianchi Nirone 7 Veloce (2009), my first road bike. I want an upgrade on the wheels (currently Ambrosio WS23). The use is strictly no competitive.

I’m thinking for Campagnolo Khamsin, in order to remain totally Italian. I don't want to wait for the 2011 models.

1) Are they any good (and basicaly better than the Ambrosio) ? Ι have read good reviews but users say that the freehub makes a lot of noise.

2) I have read that "A special lockring with 27x1 mm thread is needed to mount the Campagnolo 9/10/11-speed cassette!" What’s this? (I have Campagnolo Veloce UD 10 speed cassette)

Thanks.

Comments

• All my campag wheels are noisy. How much are you looking to spend? Khamsin are the cheapest, just bought Ventos they're one up. Lockring is the ring that locks the cassette onto the freewheel. Your bike will have one.
    Say... That's a nice bike..
    Trax T700 with Lew Racing Pro VT-1 ;-)
  • markyone
    markyone Posts: 1,119
    how much do you want to spend?i have a set of fulcrun racing 1 on ebay at the moment they are very nice wheels and the 2010 version campag hub.selling them as just bought the campag shamal ultra.
    Colnago c60 Eps super record 11
    Pinarello F8 with sram etap
  • My budget is tight.
    Are Khamsin an actual upgrade over ambrosio ws23?
  • Checkout Ribble, they have Vento Reaction for £115 mine should be here this week.
    Say... That's a nice bike..
    Trax T700 with Lew Racing Pro VT-1 ;-)