Shoes, cleats and pedals

pfctid
pfctid Posts: 3
edited September 2010 in Road beginners
Hi,

Am relatively new to cycling (well not new but had a 20 year break!)

Have ordered some Look Keo Easy Pedals with cleats http://www.lookcycle.com/en/uk/route/pe ... -easy.html for a bike I am bidding on ebay without pedals - can anyone recommend a decent starter shoe compatible with these cleats/pedals?

Thanks in advance.

Richard.

P.S Am in worcester so will be looking for riding partners eventually!

Comments

• Pretre
    Pretre Posts: 355
    Shoes are about the only thing that I wouldn't buy online - you need to get some that fit you properly. Find a local shop, try some, find another local shop that does different ones, try them, then buy.
  • father_jack
    father_jack Posts: 3,509
    Actually I bought shoes online without trying them on, already have size 46 Shimano Tourer shoes so bought blind size 46 road shoes. Perfect fit. But yeah wouldn't buy blind ie pickout out size 11 if I've never tried that brand.
    Say... That's a nice bike..
    Trax T700 with Lew Racing Pro VT-1 ;-)
  • teulk
    teulk Posts: 557
    Have a look here,

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Sear ... shimano+r0

i have a pair of Shimano R076, They are relatively cheap and if you dont like them then you haven't wasted a bucket load of money. As already mentioned got to a shop and find out our size and THEN buy them online. Shimano size small so try them on first before you buy.
    Boardman Team 09 HT
    Orbea Aqua TTG CT 2010
    Specialized Secteur Elite 2011
  • father_jack
    father_jack Posts: 3,509
    As already mentioned got to a shop and find out our size and THEN buy them online.

That's pretty low. Even I wouldn't do that.
  • pfctid
    pfctid Posts: 3
    teulk wrote:
    Have a look here,

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Sear ... shimano+r0

i have a pair of Shimano R076, They are relatively cheap and if you dont like them then you haven't wasted a bucket load of money. As already mentioned got to a shop and find out our size and THEN buy them online. Shimano size small so try them on first before you buy.

Thanks - so am I looking for 'SPD' shoes that would be compatible with the Look system?
  • anto164
    anto164 Posts: 3,500
    yes.

It'll be 3 holes spaced out in a triangle on the sole of the shoe.

Basically, any SPD-SL shoe will work.
  • teulk
    teulk Posts: 557
    As already mentioned got to a shop and find out our size and THEN buy them online.

That's pretty low. Even I wouldn't do that.

Personally i buy from where ever i would get the better deal - im all for supporting LBS but financially that isn't always the best option.
    Boardman Team 09 HT
    Orbea Aqua TTG CT 2010
    Specialized Secteur Elite 2011
  • Why is that low?! Surely it's common sense to buy the best deal!?!

If you want the best deal, go and buy blind from a internet shop. Don't waste the time or use a shops stock then bugger off and buy it cheaper. Would you feel if the shoes were on the other foot? At the end of the day LBS might not bother demonstrate hardware as they can tell who is geniune and who is not (same for Home Cinema also) I've seen that first hand, spent 2 hours listening to a audio setup and then walked out...found out later bought it online. scum tbh
  • By the sounds of it you are just getting back into cycling and are not looking to break the bank, I have just moved over to "clipless" and I too have the Look Keo pedals.

To go with the above I purchased a pair of Northwave Vertigo shoes as suggested by my LBS and I am well pleased, great fit, comfy, and change out of £60.00.

If you are tempted to buy on line before trying I can also confirm I am a size 9 and a size 9 fits me perfect, this may sound a bit strange to you but some makes of shoes come up small so in some cases you may have to buy a size bigger but the Northwave were spot on, well for my feet anyway.

Good luck and welcome back to cycling
  • yeah sorry not scum.

Uber scum :wink: