Muddyfox Milano road bike

diamondbacker
diamondbacker Posts: 224
edited August 2010 in Road buying advice
I have been looking for a new roadbike and have found a muddyfox milano road bike for 230 quid brand new. I know it is a couple of years old model wise but is this a good deal? I think they were sold for 399 originally although I am guessing that was optimistic.

Comments

• thel33ter
    thel33ter Posts: 2,684
    As long as it is in decent condition offer the seller £200 and see what he says, it is a decent starter bike, and with upgraded wheels and carbon forks later on it will be around 9kg.

Alternatively look for a used Trek 1000, Giant OCR or similar, you may end up with more for your money.

Something like this

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Trek-1000-SL-Road ... K_Bikes_GL
    And now you know, and knowing is half the battle
    05 Spesh Enduro Expert
    05 Trek 1000 Custom build
    Speedily Singular Thingy
  • Well it's for sale in cyclesdirect, so I was surprised they were selling it that cheap. I'm not sure they will accept the offer but I guess it's worth a try right?
  • thel33ter
    thel33ter Posts: 2,684
    It is discounted and probably a trade in/end of line clearance thing so you can haggle a bit.
    And now you know, and knowing is half the battle
    05 Spesh Enduro Expert
    05 Trek 1000 Custom build
    Speedily Singular Thingy
  • tigerben
    tigerben Posts: 233
    muddyfox is a Mike Ashley brand - so will probably fit to his usual business model of selling cheap products under a faded 80's premium brands that he has picked up on the cheap when the original company folded...eg dunlop, slazenger , donnay ...

At £400 I would say defn no.. but for £200 it may be okay....