RIBBLE - is their shop at their warehouse site?

UPGRAYEDD
UPGRAYEDD Posts: 117
edited August 2010 in Road buying advice
Wondering whether to drive over and have a look for a new bike, but on calling the mail order telephone number was told via voicemail message that nobody was taking calls today because all staff were working in the warehouse.

Does this mean that their shop is also closed and that it would be a wasted journey?

Constructive comments only please - not interested in hearing from Ribble haters telling me to look elsewhere!

Cheers
"A gentleman who goes by the name Upgrayedd. Which he spells thusly, with two D's, as he says, "for a double dose of this pimping."

Comments

• zippypablo
    zippypablo Posts: 398
    You can have a look at their bikes at the warehouse, there's some on display. Nothing else to see though.
    If suffer we must, let's suffer on the heights. (Victor Hugo).
  • UPGRAYEDD
    Ta Zippy. Do they have a measuring jig there?

Don't fancy making the drive if there's nobody there though - if they aren't answering the phone, I wonder whether they'll be staffing the "shop"...
    "A gentleman who goes by the name Upgrayedd. Which he spells thusly, with two D's, as he says, "for a double dose of this pimping."
  • carrock
    carrock Posts: 1,103
    there's no shop as such- there is a small changing room but no clothes on display just bikes

It's meant to be a reserve and collect point rather than a showroom- but theres usually 2 or 3 guys at the point of sale counter
  • UPGRAYEDD wrote:
    Ta Zippy. Do they have a measuring jig there?

Yes, there's a measuring jig there and from my, admittedly limited, experience they're very helpful.
    Who you gonna believe? Me or your own eyes?
  • What DD said ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ They have the bikes from their colour magazine ads on display.
    Jens says "Shut up legs !! "

Specialized S-Works SaxoBank SL4 Tarmac Di2
  • skyd0g
    skyd0g Posts: 2,540
    If not already mentioned the old shop on Watery Lane is closed.

It's worth a visit to the warehouse/counter to see the bikes 'in the flesh' - as DD said, they have a measuring jig there. The actual warehouse entrance is a little hidden (it's on an industrial estate), but there's normally a steady stream of cyclists coming & going to & from the shop counter.
    Cycling weakly
  • UPGRAYEDD
    Thanks all - appreciate the advice.