Anyone live in Maidstone?

girlmb
girlmb Posts: 2
edited March 2012 in MTB rides
Hi I live in maidstone and looking to find people to ride with. I am a beginner so need to build up my fitness and skills. If anyone fancies a ride would much appreiciate it x

Comments

• Check out the "XC in kent any willing voulenteers" post, i think there are some riders from the area or near Bluebell Hill anyway. I'm the other side of kent in the middle of no-where.
    Your'e never alone with schizophrenia.
  • Hi, I am in Maidstone and have been exploring the woods at Kingswood/Broomfield.
    All quite easy going, nothing too taxing. You are welcome to come along.
  • Hello Girlmb, I'm one of the XC in Kent lot.. I'm probably one of the closest to you (Rochester, half hour train journey away).

I'm no pro rider but I do ok, lacking fitness atm though so gonna be getting out for training rides as of tommorrow.. Would happily come over Maidstone way and show you a few 'out of the way' area's where you can blast around to work on fitness. And also the way to BBH if you ever wanted to join any of us lot for a ride there.

Some of the rides can be fast paced, but were a considerate lot and will always wait for whoever is struggling for whatever reason (atm it's me!) :lol:

Oh and we've also moved (pretty much) to here http://www.impished.co.uk/sketchymtb/Blah.pl
    You can find all of us there, ride organisation, tips, bike links etc...
  • Hi check out MCC Offroad on web. Local mountain bike club in your area. av fun
  • Ridg
    Ridg Posts: 98
    I'm in Chatham

takes about 45 minutes to cycle to maidstone, there are some quality bits to explore about Blue Bell Hill (BBH) and the cycle path from maid to the top is really good.

you can do quite a few good loops from there down toward snodland or shore woods

Like papa smurf I've not been out mush this year, due to the weather and other commitments, but come spring time will be getting out when i can.
  • I'm up near Bluebell Hill and occasionally venture down the hill to the river and ride into maidstone. Not a bad ride! Was a member of MCC about 8 years ago, you would get to ride a lot of different places with them.
  • bt chris
    bt chris Posts: 1
    if anyone fancies a ride up bluebell hill and back id willingly come with you maybe meet in maidstone town centre for instance not sure of the way completely lets find a track been riding from loose along river to malta inn back to farleigh and across to loose via the valley nice fide but need something more im nearly forty but just wont give in so if you want to ter it up a bit ill come and meet you 16 to 100 only
  • fred1star
    fred1star Posts: 428
    Check out the Noth Downs around Hollingbourne and Lenham area... Some great cross country round there.
    09 - Santa Cruz Heckler
    03 - Trek 8500
    95 - P7 (Dead, but I loved it)
    Year dot - Alpine Stars CR300 - Still going strong...
  • Bmjboy
    Bmjboy Posts: 680
    Plenty of information on North Kent routes and rides can be found on http://www.sketchymtb.co.uk

LOADS of info and maps about BBH (Bluebell Hill) for those in the Maidstone area.
    "I don't do double-entendres, but I do like to slip a big one in occasionally"

Giant Trance X2 / Garmin Edge 305 / Empty Wallet
  • KentRichUK
    KentRichUK Posts: 2
    Hi im in Maidstone and looking for new area's to explore. If you want to tag along you can, im near town center :) and normally go from town to maltal inn and around those area's
    Cube Analog 2010 :)
  • Bmjboy
    Bmjboy Posts: 680
    Rich - get yourself over to SketchyMTB and say hi - theres a regular BlueBell Hill ride up around there which takes in Detling, Boxley etc.

Some nice Singletrack around there to be found.

Plenty of lads in that area to hook for a blast with.
    "I don't do double-entendres, but I do like to slip a big one in occasionally"

Giant Trance X2 / Garmin Edge 305 / Empty Wallet
  • leedrake1
    leedrake1 Posts: 1
    Hi i live in sittingbourne and was wondering where the best starting point would to do the detling to bluebell hill ride.
    Thanks..
  • Mynameisdann
    Mynameisdann Posts: 665
    Live in snodland but in maidstone 6 days a week and as you i am to a beginner so hopefully we can tag along with a few people in future and pick up a few tips :d
  • I live up near Maidstone Hospital, so Barming area. Me and a friend have been exploring Barming woods, across the road from the hospital on Hermatige Lane. There is some pretty good single track, quite short, but a few little banked turns and some jumps.

I'm always up for going out on rides so just hit me up.

I'm fairly new to the mtb online scene so I don't know if there are any mtb clubs based in Maidstone?
  • Cheers for the Barming woods tip. I live just behind the hospital so this is perfect for short rides. Never even thought of exploring that area. :D
  • impished
    impished Posts: 1,092
    Head over to SketchyMTB.co.uk for all the Maidstone/BBH rides you could ask for.

Also, a few in other areas too :wink: [/url]
  • Hi all, I ride with the Cyclepathx, we have riders in Medway and Maidstone, meeting up most evenings and on a Sunday morning at the carpark next to the bridge in Aylesford (9am). We normally head up the North Downs and Bluebell Hill areas but do venture out further. Check out the Facebook page for info or email me at deetec@hotmail.co.uk for info.
  • hello i have been riding for a year and am a beginer as well, i know some bad boy trails in the area and me and my mate from work go out every couple of weeks and you are welcome to come, went for twenty two miles on sat morning in the mud up the pilgrims way and up to barming woods, my email is samjeff@hotmail.co.uk
  • hello i have been riding for a year and am a beginer as well, i know some bad boy trails in the area and me and my mate from work go out every couple of weeks and you are welcome to come, went for twenty two miles on sat morning in the mud up the pilgrims way and up to barming woods, my email is samjeff@hotmail.co.uk
  • agh100
    agh100 Posts: 23
    Hi

Just noticed this post, I know its from a while ago, but thought I would reply anyway.

I am fairly new to mtb'ing, still building up fitness and looking for new trails to ride.
    I am from Faversham, so would be interested in meeting up with anyone for rides around this part of Kent.
    Let me know if your interested!
    Sunday mornings are good for me at the moment

Cheers