Maryhill Road

Wallace1492
Wallace1492 Posts: 3,707
edited September 2010 in Commuting chat
This happened right on my commute. Not the best really: :shock: :shock:

I give you Maryhill Road.....

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/2010/08/31/gang-chop-off-rival-s-manhood-with-chisels-days-after-twin-has-holes-drilled-in-his-head-86908-22525727/
"Encyclopaedia is a fetish for very small bicycles"

Comments

• suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    Heard about that on the radio this morning :shock:

Just remember, you never saw nothing.
  • Sewinman
    Sewinman Posts: 2,131
    Injuries to the 'back passage' :shock:
  • Wallace1492
    Sewinman wrote:
    With a chisel!!
  • Greg T
    Greg T Posts: 3,266
    The attack on Bryan Hanlon, 26, came a week after his twin brother James had holes bored in his head with a power drill in another targeted underworld assault.

It does not say if he was wearing a helmet.

Shame.
    Fixed gear for wet weather / hairy roadie for posing in the sun.

What would Thora Hurd do?
  • Wallace1492
    Not the sort of "Chiseled good looks" that he will be boasting of.

Wish me luck cycling by the scene of the incident in about half an hour.... need to watch out for chisel's and/or severed appendeges....
  • mcj78
    mcj78 Posts: 634
    Greg T wrote:

Didn't they chop that off with a chisel?

Grim stuff, i like how the Herald & the BBC have been quite non-commital about what happened whilst the Record & the Sun have extensive details with one Sun "source" claiming "his private parts are in a very bad way" and "they chopped him up and did him right in" - they might have got someone who could string a sentence together. :roll:
    Moda Issimo
    Genesis Volare 853
    Charge Filter Apex
  • suzyb
    mcj78 wrote:
    Greg T wrote:

Grim stuff, i like how the Herald & the BBC have been quite non-commital about what happened whilst the Record & the Sun have extensive details with one Sun "source" claiming "his private parts are in a very bad way" and "they chopped him up and did him right in" - they might have got someone who could string a sentence together. :roll:
    In Glasgow, I doubt it.
  • mcj78
    Coming from Glasgow myself, I can assure you that the illiterate hordes are on the retreat these days - have you been fraternising with the above "source" perchance?
    Moda Issimo
    Genesis Volare 853
    Charge Filter Apex
  • suzyb wrote:
    mcj78 wrote:
    Greg T wrote:

In Glasgow, I doubt it.

hey! some of us are glaswegian! :wink:

Frustratingly if they catch these animals they will probably get away with less than sever punishment.
  • suzyb
    mcj78 wrote:
    Coming from Glasgow myself, I can assure you that the illiterate hordes are on the retreat these days - have you been fraternising with the above "source" perchance?
    Yeah they're all coming out to the countryside and ruining it :(
  • ...Frustratingly if they catch these animals they will probably get away with less than sever punishment.

Ouch, less of the cutting remarks, please!

Cheers,
    W.
  • rf6
    rf6 Posts: 323
    Another gem from the Scots headline writers.

This is up there with supercallygoballisticcelticareatrocious!
  • ...Frustratingly if they catch these animals they will probably get away with less than sever punishment.

Ouch, less of the cutting remarks, please!

Cheers,
    W.

hee hee
  • Sewinman wrote:
    With a chisel!!
    I just realised. :o Can I go back to thinking the back passage is just an area on the back. Please. :shock:

Maryhill doesn't sound too fun. A lassie in work was having her 21st birthday in a pub in Lambhill (the one across the road from the garage where some people got shot a while ago), and then back at her aunt's flat after that. I ended up not going due to breaking my clavicle a couple of days before. A guy in my work ended up getting bottled and his jaw fractured.

Oh, and in Castlemilk a few days ago, my mate's girlfriend's cousin got stabbed 20 times. As far as I know he's still in hospital with (a) collapsed lung(s), etc.

Other than these 'rare' events, Glasgow is a lovely place.
  • Why has no one said to Alex Salmond - 'Scotland? Yeah take it mate, its all yours, your
    f cking welcome' yet?
    Cannondale Supersix / CAAD9 / Boardman 9.0 / Benotto 3000
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    Why has no one said to Alex Salmond - 'Scotland? Yeah take it mate, its all yours, your
    f cking welcome' yet?

Because Scotland has a sh*tload of oil. :D
  • suzyb
    notsoblue wrote:
    Why has no one said to Alex Salmond - 'Scotland? Yeah take it mate, its all yours, your
    f cking welcome' yet?

Plus England would be inundated by a load of ex-pat Scots :shock:
  • anton1r
    anton1r Posts: 272
    f cking welcome' yet?

Because what you seem to fail to understand is a lot of Scottish people don't actually want Scotland to be independent. I know I certainly don't. Also despite what you seem to be implying here most other British cities are hardly full of model citizens! :)
    suzyb wrote:

Heh actually probably true! :lol:
    "I have a plan, a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a fox." (from the Blackadder TV series)
  • suzyb wrote:
    notsoblue wrote:
    f cking welcome' yet?

It already is!! But in return we have whole villages of retired English up here, pushing up the cost of housing and pricing the locals out of the market....
  • mcj78
    notsoblue wrote:
    f cking welcome' yet?

True - there is apparently some caveat in place which ensures that if Scotland ever did become independent then "Britain" i.e. South East England would still control the Scottish oil reserves, otherwise we'd end up considerably better off as a country than we are currently and that simply wouldn't do, would it guv'nor.
    Moda Issimo
    Genesis Volare 853
    Charge Filter Apex
  • notsoblue wrote:
    f cking welcome' yet?

Well some guys on Maryhill Road seemed to be trying to drill for something......

Not heard how the "poor" victim is now... what with his twin brother being drilled in the skull just 2 weeks ago and best mate gunned down at Asda earlier in the year, the family must be finding it hard to peddle their wares.
  • Wallace1492
    edited September 2010
    It happened again... almost... this time just yards from my house!!!!

Thinking a stab proof vest might be needed for the commute soon, and a can of mace.... :shock:

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/2010/09/14/gang-torture-hit-twin-james-hanlon-in-mystery-car-crash-86908-22559839/

*edit - proper link in now.
  • suzyb
    And here most people are only worried about idiot drivers on their commute
  • This is on my commute too : http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-11300594

Armoured Tank from now on!!