Sram X5 replacment jockey wheels

Bluemoon39
Bluemoon39 Posts: 168
edited September 2010 in MTB buying advice
Mine have worn to sharp points.
I can find replacment X7 and X9 online but can't find X5 specific ones.
Any ideas?

Also they seem to be pretty expensive for what they are - circa £12 - £18 a pair, I can get a complete new X5 derailer for about £30 :x
Mongoose Tyax Super 2008 with just a few upgrades...

Comments

• my suggestion would be go the whole hog and get a new rear mech, either x.7 or pref x.9. i swapped my x.5 for an x.9 and the difference is amazing, however i do realise thats a £60 option. just what id do personally thou :)
  • Bluemoon39
    Bluemoon39 Posts: 168
    my suggestion would be go the whole hog and get a new rear mech, either x.7 or pref x.9. i swapped my x.5 for an x.9 and the difference is amazing, however i do realise thats a £60 option. just what id do personally thou :)

Had thought about doing that, do you run the X9 on X5 shifters or did you upgrade your shifters too?
    I Couldn't justify upgrading the lot for the sake of new jockey wheels :)
  • It was a while ago, but I think they're the same as the older X7 ones. Pop them out and compare with the pictures on CRC.
    Northwind wrote: It's like I covered it in superglue and rode it through ebay.
  • its possible to run them on the x.5 shifters as they both use a 1;1 pull ratio. but i just went the whole hog and got shifters.
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    Bluemoon39 wrote:
    Mine have worn to sharp points.
    I can find replacment X7 and X9 online but can't find X5 specific ones.
    Any ideas?

Also they seem to be pretty expensive for what they are - circa £12 - £18 a pair, I can get a complete new X5 derailer for about £30 :x

they are the same as the following

X7 2005 to 2009
    SX5 2005 to 2010
    Dualdrive 27 2005 to 2010
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • nicklouse wrote:
    they are the same as the following

X7 2005 to 2009
    SX5 2005 to 2010
    Dualdrive 27 2005 to 2010

Thanks for that, I can get them for about £9 so I'll order them and stick with my X5 for now.