rock shox recon forks

romeopat
romeopat Posts: 25
edited August 2010 in MTB workshop & tech
i have some recon forks ( i got them off the boraman comp mtb ) just wondering if anyone knows if i can make them faster on rebound as my friend has got some marzocchi bomber wedge z1 03 model forks and i like the rebound on the forks. also i have noticed that there is a switch underneath the forks.
anyone have any ideas what this could be

thanks in advance
:D

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    the rebound adjuster.

try adjusting it.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • JamesBrckmn
    JamesBrckmn Posts: 1,360
    turn the red dial on the bottom of the forks towards the hare for faster rebound
  • Elliot Ross
    Elliot Ross Posts: 182
    turn the small red dial thing at the bottom of the right fork and if you turn it towards the little rabbit it will make the rebound quicker.
  • romeopat
    to the left it says off. to be honest the seem the same and make the sluggish noise when the travel is coming back up. is this normal? sorry but im a total noob lol
  • Daz555
    Daz555 Posts: 3,976
    romeopat wrote:
    to the left it says off. to be honest the seem the same and make the sluggish noise when the travel is coming back up. is this normal? sorry but im a total noob lol
    Are you sure you are looking at the adjuster at the bottom of the fork?

2010_rock_shox_lyrik5s.jpg

If the knob has dropped off ( :oops: ) you may just be left with a small allen bolt.
    You only need two tools: WD40 and Duck Tape.
    If it doesn't move and should, use the WD40.
    If it shouldn't move and does, use the tape.
  • romeopat
    guys a big big thank you i love my forks :-) didnt even see it lol just another thing there is a switch which hangs out about 3/4 inch just wondering what it is for?
  • Elliot Ross
    Elliot Ross Posts: 182
    is it blue and at the top, is so it is a lockout???
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    romeopat

download the manual and read it.

Or post pics of your fork and we can then tell you what you have.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • splurj
    splurj Posts: 7
    Possibly irrelevant but I was wondering if you can get different coloured rebound adjusters or are they always red?
  • splurj
    splurj Posts: 7
    ..I have a green bike and it'd be nice to have a green adjuster - red and green should never be seen as the saying goes :)
  • wordnumb
    wordnumb Posts: 847
    splurj wrote:
    red and green should never be seen as the saying goes :)

My christmas jumper says otherwise.