deal extreme, ebay p7 lights

petemadoc
petemadoc Posts: 2,331
edited August 2010 in MTB buying advice
I've read parts of the 99 page thread on lights and I'm getting rather confused.

Questions

What is deal extreme and where are goods shipped from? How reliable are they, how long does it take for delivery (I know there's another thread at the mo) and are there any horror stories.

I was thinking this was easier from ebay UK seller

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Bike-Cycle-SSC-P7 ... 789wt_1137

Anyone any experience of this particular light.

I've read about dodgy reliability but these P7 lights seem pretty popular.

Comments

• prb007
    prb007 Posts: 703
    Deal Extreme are based in HK and their stuff will usually reach you in around 10/14 days.
    The eBay seller you mention has 100% pos. feedback, so he's obviously reliable and sells good kit, but DX are cheaper, so you pays your money and takes your choice!

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.18695
    If Wales was flattened out, it'd be bigger than England!
    Planet X Ti Sportive for Sportives & tours
    Orange Alpine 160 for Afan,Alps & dodging trees
    Singlespeed Planet X Kaffenback for dodging potholes
    An On-One Inbred for hard-tail shenanigans...
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    That is not a bad deal at all, as you get good cells, a charger and the mounts.
  • petemadoc
    petemadoc Posts: 2,331
    supersonic wrote:

Yeah that's what I was thinking. The other question is about batteries. The listing on ebay states you get 2 batteries included, so one is a handy backup. To me they look like AA, do they need a special charger or can you use a normal AA charger? Also can you stick a decent duracel battery in there, I have some 2000amh rechargables already will these work too?
  • Better off with one of these:
    http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.30864
    although you'll need a to turn the mount round and bigger rubber ring to helmet mount it.
  • landrew
    landrew Posts: 69
    It is more expensive on e-bay. I've just ordered the a P7 light with 2 helmet mounts, 4 rechargable batteries, a recharger and a plug adapter for around £37 from Deal Extereme.
    Andy
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    PeteMadoc wrote:
    supersonic wrote:

Yeah that's what I was thinking. The other question is about batteries. The listing on ebay states you get 2 batteries included, so one is a handy backup. To me they look like AA, do they need a special charger or can you use a normal AA charger? Also can you stick a decent duracel battery in there, I have some 2000amh rechargables already will these work too?

They use specific 18650 3.7v cells.
  • dubcat
    dubcat Posts: 737
    landrew wrote:
    It is more expensive on e-bay. I've just ordered the a P7 light with 2 helmet mounts, 4 rechargable batteries, a recharger and a plug adapter for around £37 from Deal Extereme.

I agree. The uplift charged for the benefit of having the light already in the UK was not worth it for me. However, if i needed the lights in a hurry i would use ebay. As it is I ordered via deal extreme and will wait the two weeks it takes to get them here.
    2010 Specialized Rockhopper
    2012 Bianchi Infinito