The Boris Bike 2 Lap Challenge

itboffin
itboffin Posts: 20,052
edited August 2010 in Commuting chat
I challenge you all to do two complete laps of regents park on a boris bike within the 30min time limit, the time starts as soon as you get the bike, clock stops on it's return, your proof will be your online activity log.

Fastest time wins natch!

Approx 6 miles, extra points for scalps and strictly no RLJ

Here's a starter - first poster please replace
Name......................anti........77kg.......29:59......Jan..........Boris No
Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.

Comments

• Wait, isn't Regent's Park about a 3 mile lap?

So we're trying to get the Boris Bikes to average more than 6mph... doesn't that seem a little pessimistic?

Or have I got the distance wrong?
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,877
    2 laps is 6 miles
    In 30 mins is 12mph

Now whats' a Boris Bike and where's this Regent Park???
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • Ahhh reading-fail...

12mph seems a lot more realistic!
  • itboffin
    Ahhh reading-fail...

12mph seems a lot more realistic!

You in ...?

I'm going to record my speed across London this evening, 12 mph should just be doable
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • Do we all use the same dock? Which? If so it's a proper race. As well as free entertainment at sub30...
    Absolutely no downsides!
    "Consider the grebe..."
  • Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    When? When?

I'll come and cheer :lol:
  • itboffin
    Doesn't have to be any specific time or date just the challenge although I could see how spectating might be fun. :D
  • dcurzon
    dcurzon Posts: 290
    Hmmm.... Iv done 11mph avg for 3.5miles inc traffic lights, but keeping the speed up on a bobike for 6 miles would be tough i think
    B'Twin Sport 1
    FCN 7 =4, +2(non cycling clothes) +1(beard)
  • Oddjob62
    Oddjob62 Posts: 1,056
    Do we all use the same dock? Which? If so it's a proper race. As well as free entertainment at sub30...
    Absolutely no downsides!

I'm guessing the ones next to London Zoo, otherwise you have to ride further just to get to the route.
    As yet unnamed (Dolan Seta)
    Joelle (Focus Expert SRAM)