who"s out tomoz???

mr joey
mr joey Posts: 427
edited August 2010 in MTB general
hi all just wondering who"s out riding tomoz? where at? and is it you"re first time there or the first ride on you"re new steed????

Comments

• Off to Lee quarry for the first time and gonna link it up with Cragg quarry.

I am very excited
    MmmBop

Go big or go home.
  • Probably not getting riding tomorrow, been raining like crazy the past day and a half, and trails are soaked.

Just put new parts on my bike, and best i've been able to do ride wise is ride to the indian to pick up a takeaway
  • biff55
    biff55 Posts: 1,404
    north-sure wrote:
    Off to Lee quarry for the first time and gonna link it up with Cragg quarry.

I am very excited

i rode lee quary 1st time 2 week ago , good fun , climb from the carpark brutal.
  • blister pus
    blister pus Posts: 5,780
    Wildboarclough, weather depending
  • mr joey
    this lee quarry sounds good where is it???
  • biff55
    rawtenstall , east lancashire.
    and it is good :D
  • biff55 wrote:
    north-sure wrote:
    Off to Lee quarry for the first time and gonna link it up with Cragg quarry.

I am very excited

i rode lee quary 1st time 2 week ago , good fun , climb from the carpark brutal.

I do like a good walk to start a trail. :lol:

How does it compare to the start of Dalby from the visitor centre - if you have been that is. Only just recently managed to start being able/being arsed to ride the whole of the starting climb.
    MmmBop

Go big or go home.
  • mr joey
    just googled it biff looks pretty good from what ive read just that ive got a pass out of the missus on monday and looking for something new and this sounds just the ticket
  • biff55
    after killing myself pedalling to the quarry summit , i turned round to see everyone else pushing their bikes up. doh :x
  • biff55
    and watch out for the sheep at the dirt jump section.
    :lol:
  • mr joey
    just been on to my mate biff and i think lee quarry is on the cards,as for you blister pus WEATHER DEPENDING!!! i think ile call you blister WUS!!! :lol::lol::lol: get out woteva the weather :D
  • mobilekat
    mobilekat Posts: 245
    We are off to try the Eastern Dartmoor 'killer route' tomorrow- from North Bovey

40km (25miles) 1500m of climbs, and an ice-cream van!

Should be fun, and plenty of mud!!

Hopefully we will survive!!
    Wheeze..... Gasp..... Ruddy hills.......
  • Walk the Dog and the Monkey Trail at Cannock Chase :D
  • sparrowlegs78
    sparrowlegs78 Posts: 2,583
    Cannock Chase "off Piste" ...fist time there :D
    Caz xx
  • thel33ter
    thel33ter Posts: 2,684
    SH for the London Calling group, and deciding on an eBay bargain Marin, or a Gary Fisher Fat Possum XT custom build.
    And now you know, and knowing is half the battle
    05 Spesh Enduro Expert
    05 Trek 1000 Custom build
    Speedily Singular Thingy
  • rowlers
    rowlers Posts: 1,614
    was out this morning, lonsdale fell, (skiddaw) got fooking soaked no waterproofs, but it was BRILLIANT! Lots of climbing, big fast decents, mud water - excellent!
    even had time for a coffee at pedlars!
  • fatwomble
    fatwomble Posts: 117
    Farley Mount near Winchester, local trail, need to get back for the F1 and then out to pick up a powered off road bike.
  • mr joey
    edited August 2010
    good route that rowlers i did the blease fell up skiddaw and the decent down latrigg awesome day :D
  • mr joey
    all the best for tomoz mobilekat sounds a killer that one
  • rowlers
    rowlers Posts: 1,614
    mr joey wrote:
    good route that rowlers i did the blease fell up skiddaw and the decent down latrigg awesome day :D

its even better now that they have removed the drainage ditches and replaced them with jumps!!! right at the there is 2 drainage jumps on top of each other that nearly caught all 4 of us out :lol:
    :lol::lol:
  • gazeddy
    gazeddy Posts: 305
    me now the wifes done me for a ton for photos. probably seven hillls at leigh might even take a spade and make it more excitin
    I rode what you dug last summer
  • mobilekat
    mobilekat Posts: 245
    How did peoples rides go??

The Dartmoor killer loop nearly did!!- we had to cut it short due to a nasty turn of weather, but we did the first half and cursed some of it soundly!!!
    The good bits were great,- big grins on some of the downhill sections.
    But the staggering up a steep hill carrying your bike through thick bracken and gorse were not so good!- think next time we try will be spring when the growth may allow us to see the trail!

Hope you all had a good time!
    Wheeze..... Gasp..... Ruddy hills.......
  • mr joey
    had a great day today,did"nt do lee quarry but doing it soon instead headed to grizedale forest to do the north face trail,trail itself was good fast flowy singletrack big grins just planning on a day trip to kirroughtree at the end of september anyone done it??
  • Duggan13
    Duggan13 Posts: 75
    Just did local trails around Stockport/Reddish Vale today as couldn't be arsed getting a train anywhere after doing a fair bit of travelling over the weekend.

Wasn't up to much really, got lost on the route I intended to do and there were shitloads of families/kids/dogs due to being bank holiday :roll:

Still, better than staying in the flat and kept me awake as utterly knackered.

Might get on Google Earth now and try and find where I went wrong actually now I think of it...
  • LeighM
    LeighM Posts: 156
    Did my first Peaks ride today, nothing major, just a loop through Middleton from the White Peak Mountainbiking book.

Had a great time and will be working my way through the book, to the "enduros"... When I'm a lot fitter that is!

I enjoy FtD and the Monkey, but weather permitting, my next few rides will certainly be in the Peaks.
    2014 Trek Madone 4.7 | 2009 Trek Fuel EX7 | Planet X Pro Carbon Track Elite
    TrainerRoad
    Strava