Lidl cycling gear

2»

Comments

• Splottboy
    Splottboy Posts: 3,695
    I got a small cycling specific windproof at Lidls about 5 yrs ago,

Packable, lightish, reflective bits, mesh lined. Still going strong.

Think it was around a tenner. Bought some shorts/tops, gloves too.

Sorted.
  • Levi_501
    Levi_501 Posts: 1,105
    I think Lidl stuff is pretty good, esp for the money, although I am not to keen on stuf that connects you to the bike, shoes, gloves and shorts/trousers.

If you ever find the toolbox kits, circa £25, they are great as is the £5 one for under the saddle.

The jackets are fine, resonably long and the tops are pretty cool as well.

I might try a lid this year, they do confirm to the standard.
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Levi_501 wrote:
    I might try a lid this year, they do confirm to the standard.

They meet the German standard which I think it tougher than the UK testing standards.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • Well, I popped in this morning and came away with the following:

Black and red L/S jersey - fit is good, and looks good enough too. It *is* very thin fabric, more late summer than winter, I would say.
    3 pairs of socks - You can never have enough socks, right?
    1 set of the reflective Spokey-dokes - I know, I'm just too cool! 8)
  • Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    I got, between visits to two local Lidls; two cycling jackets: one in black and one in red; a helmet - white as they didn't have any in red :( , one pair of gloves, the spokes and a pair of socks.

Gonna have fun with those spokes :D
  • chadders81
    chadders81 Posts: 744
    Got a track pump and some spoke reflectors.

Pump seems pretty sturdy but not had a chance to try it yet.

What are the helmets like? I was in a rush so didn't have time for a proper look.
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,439
    I got two pairs of mitts one pair of socks and a ls jersey, zip seems better this time, but the pockets are worse oh well, what do you expect for £6.
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • Cafewanda
    To be honest I haven't examined mine very well. I just ensured it fit and I could adjust the straps. Wore it from the shop into work as my previous one mings and is still wet from last night's rain.

It will do for the winter as it comes with a light. Not sure about batteries but I'll check it out before I ride home this evening.
  • pastryboy
    pastryboy Posts: 1,385
    I think bikeradar should start reviewing lidl stuff since so many of its users have it.

I've got quite a few lidl bits. Apart from a stupidly large collar (very, very loose for some reason) on a short sleeved jersey it's all been fine
  • edb999
    edb999 Posts: 44
    bunter wrote:
    my lidl track pump still seems to work great. it's about four years old - maybe you were unlucky?
    +1 all ive used on my car/motorbike/bikes for the last couple of years and still going strong.
  • Came away with a Black top. I thought they were selling jackets for winter riding, just have to hang on I guess sure aldi will have them soon.

Rob
  • chadders81
    chadders81 Posts: 744
    Right - just tested my track pump and I've got absolutely no complaints. Nozzle fitted to valve and clamped easily.

Easily up to 80psi from about 50psi in under 10 seconds which is the limit on my tyre wall though suspect I could have got it a lot higher.

Going to go and get another for the GF later.
  • SickAsAParrot
    SickAsAParrot Posts: 212
    edited August 2010
    Chadders81 wrote:
    Right - just tested my track pump and I've got absolutely no complaints. Nozzle fitted to valve and clamped easily.

Might give one another go then, there's a LIDL on the way home.

Edit for later, got one and this one works OK, pumped my roadie tyres up to 120 no problem.
  • redvee
    3 pairs of socks and the spoke reflectors for the SS over the winter. Bought the sunglasses too but had to try them on to see how they fitted my face and helmet straps, not too sure about the foam though.
  • PBo
    PBo Posts: 2,493
    edited August 2010
    double post
  • PBo
    PBo Posts: 2,493
    NGale wrote:
    iainmoss wrote:
    Is anyone else seeing the umbrella on offer in the cycling section?! Hmmm.....interesting.

I am still trying to work that one out. But then they could be promoting chineese style cycling

cycling-in-the-rain.gif

OMG NGale is a thief!!!!!!!!!!
  • rf6
    rf6 Posts: 323
    redvee wrote:
    3 pairs of socks and the spoke reflectors for the SS over the winter. Bought the sunglasses too but had to try them on to see how they fitted my face and helmet straps, not too sure about the foam though.

The foam bit pulls off. I had a little play before going for a pair myself. Plus the cheapo gloves which will get tested tomorrow, and the reflective spokey bits for the commuting bikes.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,952
    1 Yellow Cycling Jkt
    3 pairs socks
    1 cycling computer

would have bought the long gloves which seemed bargaintastic at £2.99 but there were no large left. Oh and the workstand wasn't stocked at any of the stores in my area
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • redvee
    rf6
    Found that out now before I test rode them today. Glad I went down a size for the socks, ended up buying the 38-42 size which fit my 43/44 size feet perfectly. As the socks age they'll stretch a little.
  • shouldbeinbed
    shouldbeinbed Posts: 2,660
    I'll be after some of the spoke reflectors tomorrow, same thing in ha££ords are £11 a pack
  • Cafewanda
    1 Yellow Cycling Jkt
    3 pairs socks
    1 cycling computer

would have bought the long gloves which seemed bargaintastic at £2.99 but there were no large left. Oh and the workstand wasn't stocked at any of the stores in my area

I'm a little miffed your stock is different to ours. I'd have liked a pair of the full gloves :cry:
  • Levi_501
    Levi_501 Posts: 1,105
    I picked up four long sleeve tops and a lid in storm grey.

I had a really good look at the lid, and for the money it seems a bargin ??? Do the £50-60 lids offer much more protection/compfort ?
  • SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    Am I the only one here sad enough to carefully make sure that all of my straws were installed in the 'aero' orientation? You know what, I bet I'm not. :D
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
  • Got a few things from lidl on tThursday whixh will come in handy.

Track Pump
    2 pairs mitts
    Long Sleeve Jersey in Red, (1/4 zip thoug ad leaflet showed full length zip.
    2 Light sets
    Ladies waterproof jacket (for OH)
    Trek 1.5 Triple 2011 Black
    GT Avalanche 1 MTB 2007 Steel Blue
  • redvee
    SimonAH wrote:
    Am I the only one here sad enough to carefully make sure that all of my straws were installed in the 'aero' orientation? You know what, I bet I'm not. :D

No :oops:
  • redvee wrote:
    SimonAH wrote:

No :oops:

OCD number 3... :lol:
  • dcurzon
    dcurzon Posts: 290
    one set of spokey's (8 on each wheel, aero installed)
    one pair of tights
    one pump

result
    B'Twin Sport 1
    FCN 7 =4, +2(non cycling clothes) +1(beard)
  • NGale
    NGale Posts: 1,866
    Spoke reflectors and gloves for me. I considered the cycling jersey. But with only small and medium sizes in stock I thought better of it.

The £2.99 gloves were a bit of a bargain :D
    Officers don't run, it's undignified and panics the men

• OCD number 3... :lol:

+1 = 4 :lol:
  • Peter88
    Peter88 Posts: 50
    SimonAH wrote:

And another one here :oops: