Quiet in here today

suzyb
suzyb Posts: 3,449
edited August 2010 in Commuting chat
Just shows how little work people do at work when the day everyone has a holiday the forums are dead :lol:

Comments

• Only the Scottish contingent around... I know, lets start deep-frying stuff.
  • jimmypippa
    jimmypippa Posts: 1,712
    Hey, I've just got back from work.

I don't tempt myself by looking at online forums during work.
  • Wallace1492
    Wallace1492 Posts: 3,707
    Too good a day to be on the forum, plus as I work in a Bank its a BANK HOLIDAY!!
    Well, 60 miles done today, lovely weather, though a tad windy at times. Up over the Crow Road, Kippen, Thornhill, Aberfoyle, Gartmore, Drymen and back by Killearn. Lovely, simply lovely.

And, also clocked my 1,000th mile for August during the run!!

Very happy......

Quick bite to eat, change of clothes and off out Mountain Biking tonight...
    See you there Suzyb!!!
    "Encyclopaedia is a fetish for very small bicycles"
  • suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    I had to waste a day travelling an hour each way to a half hour meeting :evil:

And it will be my last free work day for a month. I start working on site tomorrow, 9-5 plus that hour each way commute (driving commute, 30 miles is waaaaay to far for me to cycle).
  • stuaff
    stuaff Posts: 1,736
    Out all morning/afternoon. 103 miles today.....
    Dahon Speed Pro TT; Trek Portland
    Viner Magnifica '08 ; Condor Squadra
    LeJOG in aid of the Royal British Legion. Please sponsor me at http://www.bmycharity.com/stuaffleck2011
  • PBo
    PBo Posts: 2,493
    Too good a day to be on the forum, plus as I work in a Bank its a BANK HOLIDAY!!
    Well, 60 miles done today, lovely weather, though a tad windy at times. Up over the Crow Road, Kippen, Thornhill, Aberfoyle, Gartmore, Drymen and back by Killearn. Lovely, simply lovely.

Very happy......

See you there Suzyb!!!
    I didn't think it was a bank holiday in Scotland?
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    StuAff wrote:
    Out all morning/afternoon. 103 miles today.....

I write War and Peace on my 103km and you drop in 103miles like it's nothing.

I hate you.

:wink:
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • Wallace1492
    Wallace1492 Posts: 3,707
    PBo wrote:

Very happy......

See you there Suzyb!!!
    I didn't think it was a bank holiday in Scotland?

Bank Holiday in the UK. We have uniform Bank Holidays across the UK, just some local holidays differ. It was not a traditional local holiday in Scotland, so most businesses were working, but banks were off.
    "Encyclopaedia is a fetish for very small bicycles"
  • To be honest, the Scots don't do Bank Holidays at all well. Every job I've had up here has just added the days onto my holiday allowance for me to take whenever. "Why would you want to be off when everyone else is?", is the usual response. My kids were at school yesterday, I was at work.
  • MonkeyMonster
    MonkeyMonster Posts: 4,628
    on a side note - if you hadn't seen it - there is a oxi stain remover with bacteria killing stuff. My cycle jersey pits came out smelling of roses, violets and bluebells last night - seems to be rather effective.

that is all :D
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    CW makes a note to hunt down this wonderful stuff :)

Cheers