giant fcr2

gazeds
gazeds Posts: 182
edited September 2010 in Workshop
does anybody now if you can convert a giant flat bar road bike into a full racer if i purchased a tiagra groupset, i want to use it as a winter bike

Comments

• father_jack
    father_jack Posts: 3,509
    tbh I'd just buy another bike...have you seen the price of road shifters? :shock:
    Say... That's a nice bike..
    Trax T700 with Lew Racing Pro VT-1 ;-)
  • gazeds
    i,ve seen a groupset for 279 on ebay
  • father_jack
    father_jack Posts: 3,509
    And how much is your bike? :wink: Or another with Tiagra? :wink:
    Say... That's a nice bike..
    Trax T700 with Lew Racing Pro VT-1 ;-)
  • gazeds
    iv,e got the bike here, it was involved in an accident, i was hit by a white van man. the frame is ok but everything else is damaged bar the back wheel. i.got two bianchi road bikes, infinito and the 1885 veloce, but i dont want to use them in the winter
  • fosst
    fosst Posts: 45
    I have done the same thing with an fcr 4 and some left-over parts from the garage (shifters, cassette and crankset). Works fine as a winter bike. The riding position might need a bit of work though, mine felt quite high at the front and it was a bit of a fiddle getting the seat position right. Nothing too tricky although I have used a slightly longer than normal stem to get it feeling good.
  • Hope this isn't to late but I changed an FCR2 to drops using Shimano Bar end shifters and cos I am older I dont mind the raised stem position you can also friction adjust so can tune out slight gear mismatches on the go.