Sora brake levers

foxdale
foxdale Posts: 5
edited September 2010 in Workshop
Hi
Ihave bought a specialized allez sport, i am struggling with reach on the shimano sora brake levers i have been told there is an adjuster screw under the hood to move the levers closer to the handle bars, i can't find this screw on mine whereabouts is it?
thanks

Comments

• father_jack
    father_jack Posts: 3,509
    Or new shoter stem, or perhaps rotate bars slightly?
    Say... That's a nice bike..
    Trax T700 with Lew Racing Pro VT-1 ;-)
  • leighz
    leighz Posts: 175
    iirc they have different thickness rubber pads between the lever and the clamp body which adjusts the reach
  • volvicspar
    volvicspar Posts: 208
    Be careful the adjuster screws are really soft and disintegrate easily.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,433
    sora doesn't have adjustment screws, it's rubber pads...

http://www.roadcyclinguk.com/forum/foru ... 79&V=8&SP=
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • volvicspar
    volvicspar Posts: 208
    sungod wrote:
    sora doesn't have adjustment screws, it's rubber pads...

http://www.roadcyclinguk.com/forum/foru ... 79&V=8&SP=

Mine do, perhaps the newer ones are different though (mine are a few years old).
  • bill57
    bill57 Posts: 454
    Mine do too, but they're 8 speed. The tech sheet sungod is linking to are clearly 9 speed.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,433
    yep i'm talking 9 speed, should've made it clearer, soz etc.
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • s1lko
    s1lko Posts: 39
    I have the current 9 speed Sora and can confirm there are no screws. The bike should have come with little wedges that fit in the gap created when you pull the brake lever.
  • My bike didn't come with the adjustment blocks, and i've had zero luck in getting hold of any. Tried several bike shops and online - nobody seems to stock the Sora ones, and none appear willing to get hold of any, I guess because they'll make so little profit on them, I think they only cost about £1.50 each.

Maybe your LBS will be nice enough to order some in.
    Ribble New Sportive
    Specialized Pitch Pro
  • synchronicity
    synchronicity Posts: 1,415
    bill57 wrote:
    Mine do too, but they're 8 speed.

+1
  • ....picked up two pairs of the rubber shims from my LBS (who supplied my bike a few weeks back) earlier today...they admitted they hoard them from the bikes they make up - apparently every set of shifters comes with the spares - but they are always there for the asking, free of charge!