Bad Places to Fall Off

Berk Bonebonce
Berk Bonebonce Posts: 1,245
edited August 2010 in The bottom bracket
My mate tried to turn in a ford once and ... splosh. There was snow settling at the time and he wanted to abort the ride ... cissy.

Comments

• White Line
    White Line Posts: 887
    One of my regular routes takes me through a ford. It iced up during winter. Squashed all my bananas. :(

I'm not looking forward to the time when I end up over shooting a downhill corner and fly over a barrier. :?

The worst thing I could imagine though is trying to trackstand at lights and then having a moment in-front of an ex who you hadn't noticed at the lights.* :twisted:

*This hasn't actually happened to me, just in case you get the wrong idea.
  • Is there any good place?

Less bad maybe, but not good.
    There's no such thing as too old.
  • whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,695
    Is there any good place?

In front of a group of nymphomaniac student nurses who get incredibly turned on at the sight of a man in lycra and wish to take very, very good care of you?

I wouldn't mind falling off there.
  • morstar
    morstar Posts: 6,190
    whyamihere wrote:
    Is there any good place?

In front of a group of nymphomaniac student nurses who get incredibly turned on at the sight of a man in lycra and wish to take very, very good care of you?

I wouldn't mind falling off there.

Good luck with that one!

No doubt if it ever does transpire, you'l just happen to have a winning lottery ticket in your pocket at the time.
  • Weejie54
    Weejie54 Posts: 750
    Methil.
  • nwallace
    nwallace Posts: 1,465
    Weejie54 wrote:
    Methil.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

As if Buckhaven or Leven would be any better.
    Do Nellyphants count?

Commuter: FCN 9
    Cheapo Roadie: FCN 5
    Off Road: FCN 11

+1 when I don't get round to shaving for x days
  • grandad3
    grandad3 Posts: 322
    My mate tried to turn in a ford once and ... splosh. There was snow settling at the time and he wanted to abort the ride ... cissy.

Whilst out riding with brother in law during winter time we both went down in a icy ford :x
    He was in front and went down first and I unable to slow down followed him :oops:
    We were both soaking wet, bikes and ourselves okay just absolutely freezing and did not enjoy the 15 miles to get home over the North Yorks moors :(
    'Collapse the Light into Earth'
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    I learnt a long, long time ago that river fords in winter are extremely hazardous - cars driving through leave water on the road that soon forms a polished glaze of ice - whilst you might get into the water, the chances of getting up the other side is remote! Stopping in the ford, dismounting and trying to scramble up the other side in cleats can be quite amusing for onlookers too.
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • andy162
    andy162 Posts: 634
    edited August 2010
    Royston Vasey. Came cropper when I was a young 'un in Hadfield(?). Years later found out it's where they filmed said strange programme. No local shop for local people to stop in & ask for help.

Limped on to cafe in Glossop but abandoned here. Oozing the red stuff from an open elbow, rear triangle & wheel bent. Not in good enough shape to get back to Doncaster. Had to use payphone (no mobiles back then) to request evac from Parents. The only time I ever had to...'twas 1989 & I was 16.
  • PhilofCas
    PhilofCas Posts: 1,153
    The cliffs of Dover ?