daft brake question

k2rider
k2rider Posts: 575
edited August 2010 in MTB workshop & tech
crc are currently selling the m585 lx dual control flappy levers (which i might be the only person that likes) for a silly low price, will these levers work with the deore m525 caliper which are also available for a silly low price. anyone?
who cares?

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    no probs you sillly person. :wink:
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • k2rider
    ok then, will the xt brake hose fit both? you know this is leading to me buying 2 hoses off ebay that are currently for sale cheap.
    who cares?
  • nicklouse
    if the fitting look the same they will be.

note the levers and caliper do not look like they work with the Banjo fitting.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
  • k2rider
    the pipes on ebay are for the `shroud` fitting these

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... K:MEWAX:IT
    who cares?
  • nicklouse
    should be OK.

100% sure about the lever. but its 50% on the caliper.

if the connection is on the top it is fine but if it is on the side like this

img0198b.jpg
    then no good.
  • k2rider
    took me about 5 mins to see the braided hose! nope theyre deffo on the top, lets hope he goes for combined shipping!
    who cares?
  • nicklouse
    yep i make mad shit. :wink:

if yours are on top then that hose id fine.